Kid Charlemagen - Larry Carlton/Steely dan w/Preset

Heinzi

Inspired
Hey there,

my humble try to play the Solo from Kid Charlemagne one of my Favourites by favourites by Larry Carlton - played with an ES 335 / Fender Tweed, I used an Ibanez AS 153
very simple Setting

Preset is attached (sorry XL II only) - a "Supertweed" (Input Drive 1,87 Master Volume auf 9,21) Cab: Cabs in the Attic 1x12" Allesandro 57B

Tabs and Playback will follow!

Attachments

• Kid Charlemagne.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 177
great playing and patch. thanks for the preset , i will have to check it out. theres so many great steely dan tunes to play!

Very nice! One of my fave solos from one of my fave bands.

I remember buying "The Royal Scam" the day it came out and pretty much wearing out the grooves on the album. Yes, I AM an old guy!

WOW, that's a nice meaty sounding patch. I rarely ask this but could you post some screen shots of the amp settings and more importantly, which IR are you using?

EDIT: I see you actually did mention which IR you used, not sure how I missed that!

Last edited:
Nice!!! I used to cover this note-for-note too ... back in 1978. :)

Great job and thanks for the patch! :encouragement:

nice. Seeing the DAN tomorrow night at
Ravinia, Jon Herrington does a fine job of evoking the solos without much overt mimicry, but it was awesome to see them with special guest L. carlton a few years ago......

nice. Seeing the DAN tomorrow night at
Ravinia, Jon Herrington does a fine job of evoking the solos without much overt mimicry, but it was awesome to see them with special guest L. carlton a few years ago......

another year, another Dan concert to attend, Friday in cHicago with Steve Win Wood opening.....

Excellent playing - this is one of the solo's that I love to play and I'm well aware of the timing and nuances of the solo and you nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom