Jack White preset?

+1 a satisfying fuzz has eluded me.

I find the M-Zone drive model to get me closer but still not like my favorite fuzz pedal.

fuzz will always be a weakness with the axe due to the way real fuzz pedals interact with guitars...best bet is to buy a good fuzz pedal and toss it in front...

fuzz will always be a weakness with the axe due to the way real fuzz pedals interact with guitars...best bet is to buy a good fuzz pedal and toss it in front...

I'm not convinced there isn't a way to improve it in the box.

For example, the Kemper profiles of fuzz into amps are very satisfying to me. Once the profile is created, it's all in the box and nothing to do with impedance or guitar pickup loading.

That makes me think the Fractal fuzz experience could be tweaked.

I'm not a fuzz lover but what happens if you put the fuzz as the first block and then run the "auto" input impedance?
That should load the guitar as expected, IIRC it even pops when (un)bypassing a block due to the impedance delta. I experience this in the past with a phaser.
If you set it to any other value than auto it will not pop but neither load your guitar as the real-world counterpart.

Jack White? Choose one of the Bassman or Twin Amps and the hard fuzz. If you want the White Orchid sound add a pitch block with 1 voice -12 and the other +24 play with the mix until your straight and +24 signals are about even sitting slightly behind the -12 signal.

Here you go, spent a few minutes creating a Jack White preset. Just focused on 2 songs, Hardest Button and Orchid. Scene 3 is the Button Bass tone, Scene 1 is the Button guitar tone, Scene 2 is fuzz guitar (not in demo) and Scene 4 is the Orchid tone. You might want to edit scene 4 to use the Y cab and relax the low pass in order to get a stronger bass tone, shouldn't affect the tone of Scene 3 too much.

Demo (BTW, my first posted AX8 recording):

Attachments

• Jack White.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that, Will. Great Jack White style preset- sounds awesome. Now I've got to download and try it. :)

Thanks! The fuzz might be a little over aggressive. It would probably work for the fuzzed out stuff in Hypnotize, Little Acorns, or Dead Leaves as well but you might wanna add a Y state to the drive block with the fuzz face model in scene 2 for something a little closer to White's more subtle fuzz guitar stuff.

Digging this one up... anyone found any cool fuzzed out presets? Looking to get the "stacked" or "gated" fuzz tones you get from a Fuzz Factory, Devi Ever, DBA, etc

Back
Top Bottom