Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
Hi all,
It seems some of you felt there was a need for a mobile.desktop AxeEdit-like...

Important information : No refund request will be accepted, you have free Win/Mac versions which are fully functional, an Android/iOS version with limited functionalities but allowing you to test connectivity issues, so there's absolutely no reason i can accept to refund.

1596900-2.png

The good news :
  • It's Android/iOS/Mac/Win compatible (iOS 8+ / Android 4.4+ / MacOS 10.10+ / Win7+)
  • It's compatible with AxeFx III/AxeFx II/XL/XL+, AX8 and FX8 (see connecting options depending on your OS and fasDevice)
  • On Android it allows both USB or 3rd party MIDI interface connection (AX8/FX8 is USB only)
  • On iOS it allows USB connection only for AxeFx III/AX8/FX8 and 3rd party MIDI interface connection for AxeFx II (Apple limitation, i couldn't add the same driver used on Android for the AxeFx's USB port)...
  • FM3 is supported starting version 3.31. You must use a 3rd party MIDI interface on both Android and iOS. USB connection is possible on Win/Mac only.

The bad news (for you ^^) :
  • It's free only on Windows and MacOS. It took me a lot of time to develop, and also money for Apple Developer account etc...
  • The price is not the same on Android and iOS. Apple forces developpers to use their AppStore and charges a 30% fee + 10% VAT on every sale. While the Android version is directly available from the store.
  • Maybe some of you will feel the price is high : €49.99 on iOS / €29.99 on Android. I'm not gonna discuss it here but to synthetize, i've considered the price of some FAS software and the time i used to create it and it seems a good deal for all of us...

The not so bad news ^^ :
  • For a direct USB connection (Android AxeFx III/AxeFx/AX8/FX8 or iOS AxeFx III/AX8/FX8 only) you'll need an USB adapter. It's called USB OTG adapter on Android devices and "USB camera adapter" for Apple.
  • For a 3rd party MIDI connection i've been successfully testing the iRig2 MIDI interface and also the Roland UM-One (in conjunction with camera USB adapter). Most USB MIDI interfaces should work in conjunction with the Apple USB Camera adapter, but i'm not responsible if one doesn't...

Examples of adapters :
  • For Android : on Amazon
  • For iOS and AX8/FX8 : on Amazon
  • For iOS and AxeFx : Use the same adapter used for the AX8/FX8, plus this MIDI interface : on Amazon

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANYTHING : A full description of the available connecting options to FracPad have been made in the wiki : http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FracPad

Bluetooth MIDI information :
FracPad can access your AxeFx III/II/XL/XL+ via Bluetooth when using a Yamaha MD-BT01 interface. For the AX8/FX8, use the Yamaha UD-BT01 and be sure to upgrade it to firmware 1.04 with the yamaha ud/md utility available on the US appstore.
Then use the iOS midimittr application.
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245?mt=8)

Or this app on Android : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileer.example.midibtlepairing

Bluetooth access is not officially supported.

Hi, here is a video explaining bluetooth editing with FracPad :

Here is a video demo :

Another from @2112 :

ORDER :

You can buy the Android or get the free Win/Mac versions here : http://www.e-junkie.com/fracpad

The iOS version is available on the Appstore : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fracpad-iii/id1436855580?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8

Stay tuned on the facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/fracpad/

DEMO VERSIONS :

A BIG THANKS to all of you helped me during the betatestings and a special thanks to @Admin M@ and strateux (Jean-Yves) for their icon sets

ANSWER TO THE PRICE CONTROVERSY ON FACEBOOK :
  • a Cab Pack is at least $30 while it requires 3x less time in building and is 10x simpler to do
  • a Preset Pack from some famous forum members is $49
  • some sell 1 preset for $15 !!!
  • the MFCEdit app is $25, and it's far lot simpler to do
  • on the $39.99 Apple charges you, i only get $23 !!! What a steal ! Buy an Android, FracPad is cheaper on it and everything is...
  • You buy Apple phones at $800 and say a very specific app made for a very specific need, probably not sold 1000 times at $40 bucks, is high priced... Think again
  • I talked with CyberFerret who is the creator of former AxePad app and he said users complained when his AxePad app was $12... Want it for free ? Ask FAS to make one ;)

DISCLAIMER :
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is NOT a Fractal Audio Systems product. It is neither endorsed by nor supported by Fractal Audio Systems. Should you require support after loading presets created by this program, Fractal Audio Systems has asked us to warn you that they may require you to erase your presets and reset system settings before providing any type of official support.

This software is provided "as is" with no performance guarantees. Any damages incurred as a result of its use are the sole responsibility of the end user, i.e., YOU.

"Axe-Fx", "AX8" and "FX8" are trademarks of Fractal Audio Systems, and are in no way associated or affiliated with FracPad.

UPGRADE from FracPad 1.xx :
Nomore possible, it was proposed during one year, i think it's enough for former users who wanted to move ;)

Last edited:
So just so I'm reading the IOS - Axe FX XL/II compatibility correctly, you need to use it via midi to usb adapters? Aka, a usb cable and usb lightining adapter won't work? Just checking. Thanks

So just so I'm reading the IOS - Axe FX XL/II compatibility correctly, you need to use it via midi to usb adapters? Aka, a usb cable and usb lightining adapter won't work? Just checking. Thanks
Exactly, you'll need a lightning MIDI adapter or a lightning Camera USB adapter and an USB MIDI interface.
On Android you don't have this problem though.

I KNEW when you let the term Fracpad slip in a recent post , and I called you on it (you said you meant fractool) , that something was up.......Congratulations!!!!
Ahah yes, what a mistake ^^

Exactly, you'll need a lightning MIDI adapter or a lightning Camera USB adapter and an USB MIDI interface.
On Android you don't have this problem though.

Thanks for the quick response. Gotcha, I wonder if this will work with my yamaha md bt01

Yes, older Android don't support midi. . .
Apparently it actually started with Android 3.1's implementation of USB-on-the-go, but only at the application level rather than a platform API.

The USB host mode APIs introduced in Android 3.1 permit developers to implement MIDI over USB at the application level, but until recently there have been no built-in platform APIs for MIDI.

Again, unfortunate... my Samsung 12" Galaxy Tab Pro would be perfect for this application, but it's never getting past 5.1.1. :mad:

Apparently it actually started with Android 3.1's implementation of USB-on-the-go, but only at the application level rather than a platform API.

Again, unfortunate... my Samsung 12" Galaxy Tab Pro would be perfect for this application, but it's never getting past 5.1.1. :mad:
Sorry for that, the usb otg is not the only api needed, the midi Android api only appeared with Marshmallow . . .

Man! You're a genius. 1 ios version is sold as soon as its in the store.

And your timing couldn't be any better! Just asked a friend of me, who flies to usa to pickup a Nextbook. Pulled him back in a split second!
Great

Back
Top Bottom