Firmware Version 10.12 Now Available

No issues here.
Did you check your global parameters?
yes i did, Yek. After reinstalling 10.12, it seems the problem is narrowed to my favorite preset "adams's super clean", and the same out-of-control feedback/distortion took place even with a clean install of the preset from Axe-change. Maybe you and Mr. Cook can figure it out, its beyond me. Everything else about 10.12 now seems to be Holy Shitballs as usual..:) Thanks for your interest and all the cool stuff you do to help us here.
p000973_AdamsSuperClean.syx

yes i did, Yek. After reinstalling 10.12, it seems the problem is narrowed to my favorite preset "adams's super clean", and the same out-of-control feedback/distortion took place even with a clean install of the preset from Axe-change. Maybe you and Mr. Cook can figure it out, its beyond me. Everything else about 10.12 now seems to be Holy Shitballs as usual..:) Thanks for your interest and all the cool stuff you do to help us here.
p000973_AdamsSuperClean.syx

I tried that preset. It indeed generates an awful lot of feedback. It's caused by the Chorus block. Remove that and it's okay.
I'll inform Adam.

Love the cut in amp block with the recto vintage : low end are more tight and still "here in the room". really a great tweak:D
need to test the bogner modern...

Would be great to have that EQ-Type parameter for the EQ that's inside the AMP block as well. I may be mistaken but I thought the AMP EQ was in the same position (relative to other circuitry) as the EQ on real Mesa Boogie Mk amps so being able to use it on the Axe in 5 band mode would better allow MB Mk modelling without the need for a separate EQ block (maybe this new parm is there in the Amp block but I don't see it in the advanced tab).

Would be great to have that EQ-Type parameter for the EQ that's inside the AMP block as well. I may be mistaken but I thought the AMP EQ was in the same position (relative to other circuitry) as the EQ on real Mesa Boogie Mk amps so being able to use it on the Axe in 5 band mode would better allow MB Mk modelling without the need for a separate EQ block (maybe this new parm is there in the Amp block but I don't see it in the advanced tab).

+1

I'm wondering about this too

.....and thanks again FAS for your commitment to excellence!!g

Pressing Enter while in the first page of the Graphic EQ menu now resets all visible sliders to zero.

I love how pressing bypass while in the edit mode for an amp, resets it to default. I wish we had that for cabinets too. Sometimes I change the low/hi pass, and drive settings, and when I scroll through cabinets, I either want them to reset, or at least be "resettable" by double clicking bypass, or enter, something.

If this is already possible, and I'm just doing something wrong, just tell me what to do?

Help me Oprah, Help me Tom Cruise, help me Yek....

Sunday updates , awesome as usual . EURO RED MDRN kicks it . I was supposed to work on my Jazz this morning but that will have to wait until I finish Metal noodling .

Thanks Cliff :)

I love how pressing bypass while in the edit mode for an amp, resets it to default. I wish we had that for cabinets too. Sometimes I change the low/hi pass, and drive settings, and when I scroll through cabinets, I either want them to reset, or at least be "resettable" by double clicking bypass, or enter, something.

If this is already possible, and I'm just doing something wrong, just tell me what to do?

Help me Oprah, Help me Tom Cruise, help me Yek....

This is possible in any block. Holding Bypass or doubleclicking resets any block to default.

Isn't there too much emphasis on this specific aspect?
Is there really (that much of) a difference?

I'm not sure....but I think the tone shaping may be significant as with pre-gain and post-gain tone controls in the preamp.
Wouldn't a graphic eq provide some gain into the power amp thereby resulting in an overall difference in sound as opposed to the eq after the power amp?

I'm not sure....but I think the tone shaping may be significant as with pre-gain and post-gain tone controls in the preamp.
Wouldn't a graphic eq provide some gain into the power amp thereby resulting in an overall difference in sound as opposed to the eq after the power amp?

Ah - i should have read the manual, yes, the ampeq is after power amp - so I guess no difference using ampeq or separate eq block following amp block ( other than saving an eq block). Ampeq type + position may be features for the future release wishlist. For today, these new 10.12 eq changes are great improvements - congrats to FAS!

Back
Top Bottom