Firmware Version 10.06 Now Available

I always wondered about that?

as far as i know, V9 cabs are not a baked mix of MICs. You can choose different MICs in AXE for them, so I think the IRs are a bit more neutral, but have not "in room" sound. In V10 MIX CABs (Producer CABs) have been processed through two or three MICs and is better to live MIC selection in AXE to none.

Fractal also sells all the engineered IRs used for the mix of the producer CABs as standalone MICs IRs...

wait is this really a young cliff?

facepalm.gif

For those who asked what the new cabs are. I have no doubt the fabulous Yek will have them in the WIKI in no time. :)

Cab #
Cab Name
1 X 12 Class-A 20 Dlx Mix
1 X 12 Nuclear Tone Mix
1 X 12 Scumtone 25W Mix
2 X 12 Boutique Mix
2 X 12 SV Legend Mix
1 X 12 E12L (V9)
1 X 12 Brit G12H30 (V9)
2 X 12 Doubleverb D120 (V9)
2 X 12 Doubleverb C12N (V9)
2 X 15 Doubleshow (V9)
4 X12 Basketweave G12H30 (V9)
4 X 12 1960B V30 (V9)
4 X 12 Recto V30 (V9)
4 X 12 German V30 (V9)
4 X 12 Pvh6160 V30 (V9)
4 X 12 Uber T75 (V9)
4 X 12 Uber V30 (V9)
4 X 12 Uber T75+V30 (V9)
4 X 12 Citrus V30 (V9)

notes:
Scumtone - Cas Azera Tone Tools Detuned 1x12 with Scumback H55
SV Legend - Carvin Vai Legacy 2x12 in closed back mode

Last edited:
How do you install the new firmware update ? Humour me I'm a newb - I have fractal bot and axe edit installed and I think I have the file on my computer but neither the bot nor edit is linking finding it are there some simple steps I'm missing help please

In Version 10 many of the factory cabinets were remixed so as to sound more “in the room”. Some users, however, prefer the studio polished sound of the Version 9 cabinets. Therefore 14 cabinets from Version 9 have been added to the factory cabinets. These cabinets are indicated by “(V9)” in their names.

This was for me. And i think just a few others. How awesome is that.

You will never hear negative shit about Fractal from me ever again. Unless required.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.C
There seems to be something wrong with the panning in the stereo cab block. Everything is coming out mono, and when I dial the panning hard right, it's silent.
I created a new patch from scratch to test this.

Edit:It turned out to be pilot error. I had somehow managed to unplug the right channel from my mixer (when connecting another device), which switched the channel to mono (with only the left out of my Axe-Fx feeding it).

Last edited:
How do you install the new firmware update ? Humour me I'm a newb - I have fractal bot and axe edit installed and I think I have the file on my computer but neither the bot nor edit is linking finding it are there some simple steps I'm missing help please

Have you installed the FAS USB Driver?

I'm sure its something simple I got the drivers working and axe edit working too - well you know until it crashes lol -

Half-off-topic: I connected the Axe-Fx to my laptop, went to the Fractal-Website, downloaded the firmware and installed it. Then, I looked everywhere for the V9-cabs, when I realised: I just reinstalled 10.05. :-x :lol

Yes driver installed , got fractal bot up now check check check axe connected , midi in / out hit browse and bot cant find the file for me -

Not sure what you mean. It won't find it automatically, you have to manually browse to wherever the firmware file is & it needs to be uncompressed.

Yes driver installed , got fractal bot up now check check check axe connected , midi in / out hit browse and bot cant find the file for me -

Did you unzip the firmware? There should be 3 files with this. Just navigate to the folder where it was unzipped. Most likely "axefx2_10p06". You should see a file with the same name in there with the .syx extension, along with 2 pdf files when you're browsing.

The Komet, Oh my sh&tty balls!

I don't think my ears are tricking me tonight, all the reworked models sound so much better, back to playing.

I'm sure its something simple I got the drivers working and axe edit working too - well you know until it crashes lol -

See post below. You probably did not unzip the downloaded file yet .

Did you unzip the firmware? There should be 3 files with this. Just navigate to the folder where it was unzipped. Most likely "axefx2_10p06". You should see a file with the same name in there with the .syx extension, along with 2 pdf files when you're browsing.

Back
Top Bottom