Dual Delay option for Dlx Memory Man ?

R.D.

Power User
I looked through ALL the parameters, but didn't find the option for this to be a dual delay ?

That was handy for reproducing the Andy Timmons dual M.M.s with only a single delay block !

If it's not there any longer, what might my options be ?

Run Two ( 2 ) delays in series just like Andy used to do ? Or could I use the Dual Delay and then just over write the parameters to be more like the M.M. ?

THANKS !

Also ..., FWIW - I did the same thing in the 2290 w/ Mod for my John Petrucci style delay too ....

I thought you can have up to 4 delay blocks?

You can ..., but I was hoping to build a single preset w/ 2 different delays ( 2 channels each ) and then 2 different multi-delays as well .... It seems like I've got the CPU power to do it ..., but if I have to use 4 delay blocks and then 2 Multi-Delay blocks I'm beginning to run out of grid space to fit everything else in there too ....

Using a single Delay Block w/a Dual option ( like in the Axe-II ) would save grid space ....

The Config dial seems to be missing in the III. So you can no longer pick MemoryMan and then select dual, mono, ping-pong, etc

Uh oh... Can you do dual on the Tape Delay? I've become addicted to that after trying the Timmons type of approach with it on my XL+.

The Config dial seems to be missing in the III. So you can no longer pick MemoryMan and then select dual, mono, ping-pong, etc

If you were doing that you were NOT getting a dual version of the Memory Man. The Config parameter selects the base algorithm. The Type parameter selects the default parameters. If you selected the Deluxe Memman type and then changed the Config to dual you got the dual delay algorithm with the Memman default values.

If you were doing that you were NOT getting a dual version of the Memory Man. The Config parameter selects the base algorithm. The Type parameter selects the default parameters. If you selected the Deluxe Memman type and then changed the Config to dual you got the dual delay algorithm with the Memman default values.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do ....

But .... When I select the Deluxe Mind Guy from the "Type" and then go to the Configuration page, I don't find a parameter to select the dual option ?

I must be missing something simple, I just can't figure out what it is ?

SORRY ....

That's exactly what I'm trying to do ....

But .... When I select the Deluxe Mind Guy from the "Type" and then go to the Configuration page, I don't find a parameter to select the dual option ?

I must be missing something simple, I just can't figure out what it is ?

SORRY ....
I think you need to read what I wrote again. There is NO dual version of the DMM. Never has been. If you change the config you are using the Dual Delay algorithm.

I think you need to read what I wrote again. There is NO dual version of the DMM. Never has been. If you change the config you are using the Dual Delay algorithm.
So... If we wanted to do something similar to what we have in the Axe Fx II, we can just select Dual Delay and then adjust the settings to match?

O.K., I did mis-understand then ....

So ..., what you're saying is that in the Axe-Fx II ( not III ) when I selected the dual option on the last page of Axe-Edit I was changing EVERYTHING from the Dlx Mind Guy that I selected on the 1st page to the Dual Delay ?

I believe you ..., but I guess I don't remember ALL of the other parameters changing either ?

THANKS for the clarification !

Back
Top Bottom