CPU Usage Chart [UPDATED]

Nero

Inspired
UPDATE: I have an updated chart, It's on my website, it makes it easier to update for me, the updated chart has all block (some of the listed under OTHER) it also includes the HIGH and ECONOMY on the reverb and pitch blocks respectively, my next project is to focus on SLASH presets which will be posted free once they are done, you can access the updated chart here: http://www.roxxxtar.com/ax8-cpu-usage-chart

Hey guys, I had put together a list of the CPU usage of each block and their TYPES, i use it when i mess around with creating presets to get an idea of which TYPE to try when i need to conserve CPU.

I'm sharing it so those of you new to the AX8 can get an idea on which blocks use more CPU than others. I wish i had this list when i first got the AX8, i would remove the reverb block because of the CPU usage, had i known the Spring reverb sounded good and used less CPU i wouldn't have kept the block out lol

This is as of Q6 beta, this doesn't account for blocks in parallel and I don't know what the correlation is between blocks, (so if you use a reverb and drive, if either use resources from the other one that would lower or raise CPU usage).

They are sorted from lowest to highest CPU usage, it doesn't include all blocks tho.

All block types are at their default settings, changing certain settings may +/- CPU usage

an empty preset with a shut from input to output uses 12% CPU, when i checked each block type's CPU usage i loaded a THRU preset with just that one block.

Hope it helps!

FAS-Blocks-List.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see the reverb CPU levels - I didn't realise the spring reverb was that low!

Back
Top Bottom