Can we get a updated release date?

All I have to say is that you had better keep an eye on the storefront pretty regularly because it will suck to miss out on the first batch.

I have been granted permission to upgrade from the boss lady as a reward for a recent promotion at work. Now the were about 5 instances where I was ready to put the Ultra up on e-Bay to facilitate the move (I still have to pay for it out of my own pocket; it's not that great a gift :)). I know that I'll take a loss by waiting. But to me I'd rather wait it out with the Ultra and lose maybe $200-300 for using it a few more months than to be without. I know that the first few batches will be snatched up before I even get wind of it.

I can wait. I just can't wait with nothing else to play through.

+1. I'm not selling my Ultra and then having to resort to some crappy piece of gear just to make sure I get maximum value. I've had my Ultra for 2 years and it has served me faithfully every week, I never expected to be able to sell it for what I paid (or anywhere close) in the first place. Also, it's only out of desire for the latest & greatest that I want an Axe-Fx II, not because the Ultra doesn't still meet my needs. Even if I miss out on the first batch I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Since you can't update the Axe II with Axe Ultra presets automatically, I am not sure how some of you can get rid of your Ultras before hand. It will take awhile to program in your presets again. I use my Ultra, it isn't going anyhwere anytime soon.

But I am still dreaming of the Axe II ... can't wait ...

+1. I'm not selling my Ultra and then having to resort to some crappy piece of gear just to make sure I get maximum value. I've had my Ultra for 2 years and it has served me faithfully every week, I never expected to be able to sell it for what I paid (or anywhere close) in the first place. Also, it's only out of desire for the latest & greatest that I want an Axe-Fx II, not because the Ultra doesn't still meet my needs. Even if I miss out on the first batch I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

+1

Although I'm going to purchase an Axe 2 as soon as they're available, I doubt I will ever sell my Ultra. At the moment, the Ultra is the #1 modeling unit on the market. And when the Axe 2 comes out....the Ultra will still be the #2 unit on the market.

Since you can't update the Axe II with Axe Ultra presets automatically, I am not sure how some of you can get rid of your Ultras before hand. It will take awhile to program in your presets again. I use my Ultra, it isn't going anyhwere anytime soon.

But I am still dreaming of the Axe II ... can't wait ...

Before I shipped my Ultra off, I recorded a video with the camera pointed at my monitor with AxeEdit open, and played a little bit to capture the sound of my favorite patches and went through all of the parameters in case I need to refer to it when creating new patches on the AxeFXII. Hoping that'll prove to be useful once the new one arrives.

the thing is, I sold my standard for 1500$ (wich is crazy) so I had to go for the sell now! plus, being poor, it is of massive help to finance de move to the axe II... but now i stand crying alone in the dark axeless woods of sound left with just my gx-700... i played for 10 minutes and turned it down and started weeping again... lol

+1

Although I'm going to purchase an Axe 2 as soon as they're available, I doubt I will ever sell my Ultra. At the moment, the Ultra is the #1 modeling unit on the market. And when the Axe 2 comes out....the Ultra will still be the #2 unit on the market.

+1

I'm not going to sell my Ultra at all!
I was dialing in a couple of patch after updating to 11.0 and: WOW I cant believe how easy is now get the tone i'm looking for!
I dont know if is really something so different in 11.0, but I've got the clean/breackup Shiva patch I was looking for for months, in ten minutes.
I will wait breathless for the massive three months or more G66 waiting list, but in the meantime, I know that my faithful Ultra will ever be here with me :mrgreen

Angelo

Top ten reasons why Cliff hasn't provided any schedule updates:

10. His cat accidentally erased the source code.

9. He's spending all his time camped out on the store site hoping to snag a unit.

8. There is no Axe 2, it's all an elaborate prank.

7. Liam sent all the circuit boards to Line 6 by mistake.

6. The "Made in the USA" stickers haven't arrived from China.

5. He's waiting for the last beta tester to report in… some guy named Jerry Garcia.

4. Jay Mitchell discovered that the Ultra and Axe 2 add to a null.

3. Axe 2 will only ship after all customers have achieved enlightenment.

2. The Axe 2 was taken away in the Rapture.

1. The first run sold out to the preferred customers.

11. Cliff is sticking to his new Paul Masson slogon: "We will make all whine before it's time"
Top ten reasons why Cliff hasn't provided any schedule updates:

10. His cat accidentally erased the source code.

9. He's spending all his time camped out on the store site hoping to snag a unit.

8. There is no Axe 2, it's all an elaborate prank.

7. Liam sent all the circuit boards to Line 6 by mistake.

6. The "Made in the USA" stickers haven't arrived from China.

5. He's waiting for the last beta tester to report in… some guy named Jerry Garcia.

4. Jay Mitchell discovered that the Ultra and Axe 2 add to a null.

3. Axe 2 will only ship after all customers have achieved enlightenment.

2. The Axe 2 was taken away in the Rapture.

1. The first run sold out to the preferred customers.

I'm beginning to think Prometh is behind all of this, that it doesn't exist, that it was all done just to have current users sell off their units, all because... he couldn't have his patches password protected. What's the saying? "To neutralize the enemy is to neutralize the threat."

This thread is really entertaining-better than Gilligan's Island! You know, that show about some castaways waiting to be rescued? Guess they'll call it "Rescue from no-AxeFx Island" when you finally get your IIs.

I'd say "I feel your pain", but I gotta go tweak my JCM800 patch a bit-that amp sounds so killer after FW11....makes me want to play all day!

Hope you get relief soon!

now when you think about it.... its too good to be true actually: Twice the power, 50 user cabs that you can name, USB , HEADPHONES, Bit Crusher, assignable control knobs... I'm scared

Back
Top Bottom