Cab Pack 24 "ML Dizzy" Released!

This Cab Pack took a lot of effort and time to perfect and I can finally say that it's the best Dizzy tones I've ever had. The magic in mixing the K100 and V30 speakers was so pleasant that I created separate mixes for people who don't have Cab-Lab. I'll let the music speak for itself:

Clean-ish edge of breakup Plexi clip:

Modern rock with a Danelectro Baritone:

Djent with an 8-string with Bare Knuckle Pickups Juggernauts:

My short review is that the K100 speaker is a bit Fender-ish even and really sparkly while the V30 is known for its neutral and middle focused sound. Blending those two together has made it so that I haven't touched a Mesa IR in over a month now. (I'm a 100% Mesa guy to those who don't know.)

Have fun exploring the Dizzy world! :)

Amazing stuff Mikko! I almost didn't make it past the first 4 IRs in the custom mix folder, then I saw the magical word "djent" and had to keep going ;). There is a top end clarity to this cab pack that I'm really digging. It's making me even more impatient for the Zilla cab pack :D.

Wow - I've never tried one in real life but this sounds great !
Thank you Gregmang. Before starting to work on this pack these real life cabs were also a myth for me. I'm very impressed with the cabinet itself. They must have the measurements tested out with science since it's definitely the best sounding V30 4x12 I've shot to date. :)

Amazing stuff Mikko! I almost didn't make it past the first 4 IRs in the custom mix folder, then I saw the magical word "djent" and had to keep going ;). There is a top end clarity to this cab pack that I'm really digging. It's making me even more impatient for the Zilla cab pack :D.
Tell me about it! The K100 is a lot clearer and pristine than the V30 we're all used to hearing. It's almost Fendery in some ways. Anyways when I blend the V30 and K100 like in the mixes folder that's when the magic started happening.

The djent mixes have the same IR mix approach as the legendary "Misha Mix 08" from Cab Pack 13 that was used on the new Periphery III album and also the latest Haunted Shores release. They have a nice juicy bounce and response in the pick attack and they're clear and controlled in the high end. Personally I also love the "Less" IR mixes. They're only using 2-3 mics per IR mix but that keeps things a bit more natural.

Wow - I've never tried one in real life but this sounds great !
Thank you Gregmang. Before starting to work on this pack these real life cabs were also a myth for me. I'm very impressed with the cabinet itself. They must have the measurements tested out with science since it's definitely the best sounding V30 4x12 I've shot to date. :)

Tell me about it! The K100 is a lot clearer and pristine than the V30 we're all used to hearing. It's almost Fendery in some ways. Anyways when I blend the V30 and K100 like in the mixes folder that's when the magic started happening.

The djent mixes have the same IR mix approach as the legendary "Misha Mix 08" from Cab Pack 13 that was used on the new Periphery III album and also the latest Haunted Shores release. They have a nice juicy bounce and response in the pick attack and they're clear and controlled in the high end. Personally I also love the "Less" IR mixes. They're only using 2-3 mics per IR mix but that keeps things a bit more natural.

I just shot a new ML episode showing how I use this pack! It's one of the most versatile packs we've released yet. Everything from Fender to Mesa and maybe even Marshall can be found in there. :)

This Cab Pack took a lot of effort and time to perfect and I can finally say that it's the best Dizzy tones I've ever had. The magic in mixing the K100 and V30 speakers was so pleasant that I created separate mixes for people who don't have Cab-Lab. I'll let the music speak for itself:

Clean-ish edge of breakup Plexi clip:

Modern rock with a Danelectro Baritone:

Djent with an 8-string with Bare Knuckle Pickups Juggernauts:

My short review is that the K100 speaker is a bit Fender-ish even and really sparkly while the V30 is known for its neutral and middle focused sound. Blending those two together has made it so that I haven't touched a Mesa IR in over a month now. (I'm a 100% Mesa guy to those who don't know.)

Have fun exploring the Dizzy world! :)

Definitely buying in the next few days but I'm curious how you got the drum sounds in the 3rd video? is that superior or ezdrummer 2 maybe?

Definitely buying in the next few days but I'm curious how you got the drum sounds in the 3rd video? is that superior or ezdrummer 2 maybe?
Cheers buddy that's a nice compliment. :) I'm using the "Made of Metal EZX" with EZDrummer 2 these days. I just love how that pack sounds. Honestly it's the first time I hear programmed kicks that sound nice and authentic. The snare has been triggered with Matt Halperns snare hits from the Studio Pass session they made with Nolly.

Thank you so much for the feedback! :)

I am actually having some challenges with Cab Lab currently in Ableton (crashing), so I was wondering if there was any way to get the Djent .wav files? I bought the pack over the weekend and love it, but if I run multiple instances of Cab Lab, Ableton crashes. I have to immediately freeze the track when duplicating or opening another track. If you dont, its cool, I will just wait until a new update comes out, or if the guys at Ableton address some of their issues with certain plug ins

I am actually having some challenges with Cab Lab currently in Ableton (crashing), so I was wondering if there was any way to get the Djent .wav files? I bought the pack over the weekend and love it, but if I run multiple instances of Cab Lab, Ableton crashes. I have to immediately freeze the track when duplicating or opening another track. If you dont, its cool, I will just wait until a new update comes out, or if the guys at Ableton address some of their issues with certain plug ins
That is actually an early bug with Cab-Lab that has been fixed already. Are you running the latest version?

That is actually an early bug with Cab-Lab that has been fixed already. Are you running the latest version?

Yes, downloaded the latest update a couple days ago. Thanks for at least validating the bug for me though. It may be Ableton, and the sensitivity of CPU hits. If Im running TSE X50, and Cab Lab, and try to duplicate the track, it more than likely will crash due to the CPU hit

Just super frustrating because I bought the Bulb Pack, and the Dizzy Pack, and I wanna use them but Im running into this problem. Only crashes with Cab Lab, everything else works fine really.

Yes, downloaded the latest update a couple days ago. Thanks for at least validating the bug for me though. It may be Ableton, and the sensitivity of CPU hits. If Im running TSE X50, and Cab Lab, and try to duplicate the track, it more than likely will crash due to the CPU hit

Just super frustrating because I bought the Bulb Pack, and the Dizzy Pack, and I wanna use them but Im running into this problem. Only crashes with Cab Lab, everything else works fine really.
That should definitely not happen. I'll report this bug. As for .wav versions. These releases are 100% Fractal exclusive so no .wavs I'm afraid.

That should definitely not happen. I'll report this bug. As for .wav versions. These releases are 100% Fractal exclusive so no .wavs I'm afraid.

Well, since you are helping me out with the bug, I wont need .WAV files. I am patient, and will wait for a new update. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom