CAB PACK 2 - Now Available - MAD OAK STUDIO

Now that we have over 300 awesome single mic-Fractal IR's, could you wonderful people at Fractal consider making an IR-mixing computer wizardry-thing? Aka "The Rabbithole Machine". Then it would be like sitting in the controls of the Enterprise. "Give me more of warp 9, engage!"

I beta tested these too and found that I was preferring to mix different IR's from different cabs and getting great results - this is essentially the same sort of thing stretching way back to when user IR's were first introduced to the Ultra/Standard.

Sean's suggestions (he's javajunkie) are exactly the sort of thing I am doing too.

All the Fractal IR's are essentially on par with the level of professional engineering/production; if you are a tone seeker/tweaker and have knowledge and a method of testing out what you like, you can create all sorts of interesting and unique personal mixes that suit your style and tone.

I am doing the mixes currently 'in the box' by uploading (via AE/AM) the range of IR's I want to test out and then setting the cab block to "stereo" and panning the two sides to center. You can then use the level control to essentially do a mix of two IR's. If you run two cab blocks in stereo in serial, you can essentially then mix in up to two other IR's. Once you have your proper mix, you can just roll like that.

How are you mixing yours, Sean? What conversion tool?

As Scott said, by using 1 or 2 cab blocks in stereo and adjusting level and pan parameters. Another HUGE tool at our disposal is adjusting the delay in the cab block for one or more cab. It can really to tune the cab sound or just create some cool comb-filtering effects.

Any suggestions on what cabs may work well with which amps on the original axe? Like is the Thiele for the Dumbles?

• 4x12 Rumble "Thiele" Cab (with EV12S and EV12L in an X pattern, both captured)

As someone who is currently using a power amp and EVM-12L loaded cabs and who also is planning on moving to FRFR in the near future, it would be great to have some more quality IRs of EVM-12L-loaded cabs, preferably open back 1 X 12" cabs.

Not really sure how they'd make a 4 X 12" Thiele cab.
Isn't that design for a 1 X 12" closed-back, ported cab?
I had a 12S for a while too. It came with my Pearce combo amp (a G1) back in the day.
Hated it. Put a 12L in there as soon as I could.
One day I'd like to try that Rumble IR, but it's not worth it for me to buy the collection just to check it out.
Are there any IRs of this cab in the collection that only involved mic'ing the 12L(s) in the cab?

There are 6 with the 12L mic'ed and 5 with the 12S. They left out the R121 mic on the 12S for some reason.

Hmm.
Interesting.
Are there IRs of just the 12L using a TC30 ref mic?
If so, what are the mic positions included?
How do they sound?

And how many IRs did they include that had them "both captured", which I assumed meant at the same time (but maybe it doesn't mean that)?

No positions listed, just one IR per mic. And no TC30.

Shure SM57, Royer 121, Sennheiser MD421, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic M-88, Neumann U67.

kaching, or like the other way around. when you've spent some money. what's that sound? gnihcak? chingka? aaah whatever - I bought them.

Back
Top Bottom