Boss AC-3 with Axe-Fx routing options

carlguit

Hi everyone,

I'd like to use my Boss Acoustic Simulator with the Axe-Fx. My signal chain is guitar-switcher ( 3 drive pedals and acoustic simulator ) - Axe-Fx's front input - Mixer - FOH. I ''like'' the tone of the AC-3 straight in the mixer but I'd like to integrate it with the Axe-Fx so I can have more options. So my idea is Guitar -Switcher - then instead of sending the Line Level output ( of the AC-3 ) to the return of the switcher ( that would usually go to the front input, , , I'd send it to the Axe FX Fx loop at the back ( since the pedal has a Line Out and is the only way to my knowledge to get a decent sound out of it ). I've been trying to figure out the right way to do it but I don't get any sound. I tried to send it at the back of the input at the back and use the Fxl block but no luck… What am I missing? I guess I'm not the first one asking for it so if you guys got any links or tips, that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english…. 2nd language...

Connect AC-3 line out to Axe-FX Input 2 L.

At I/O: Audio page set Input 2 Mode to "Left only". At I/O: Input page turn up Input 2 level as described in manual, briefly lighting red LEDs with loudest playing.

Place FX Loop block in preset and create a path to the right side of grid, output block. Add any desired blocks between FXL and output. No connection from earlier blocks/shunts to FXL is required.

Back
Top Bottom