Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.

As a MKI user I'm not wild about hearing this.
Hopefully you'll poll us every once in a while to see which amps and or cabs or whatever we don't mind jettisoning in order to make room for any new goodies you are offering to the XL owners.

Yes, but it's in the thousands. However we are approaching the firmware size limit for the Mark I/II version. This may be the last firmware for the Mark I/II because there isn't anymore space left in the boot ROM.
Wow, good timing on my part. I just sold my mark I and bought an xl+ Woohoo

As a MKI user I'm not wild about hearing this.
Hopefully you'll poll us every once in a while to see which amps and or cabs or whatever we don't mind jettisoning in order to make room for any new goodies you are offering to the XL owners.

As a Mark I user, it's actually kind of relieving to me. If we have an essentially finished product to work with then I won't have to worry about modeling updates and such that will just make me wanna re-record things like an idiot. I was just about to start tracking an album, but I'm probably gonna wait until this firmware is final to do anything. I'm one of THOSE weirdos...

The option someone suggested to selectively flash certain amps into unit while eliminating others seems like it would be a nightmare for engineering/support, I'd imagine. I'm personally not opposed to it, but I don't feel like we're entitled to it either. After all, those units are discontinued. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well crap! I own two old units and an Axe8. Am I going to need an XL+ now? What about the Axe8? Does it have enough room for plenty of amps? I wouldn't mind buying an XL+, been thinking about it actually. This would be a good excuse to get one because I love new amps and new firmware!

Oh, sneaky Cliff. A good way to sell more XL+ units! Ha! Works for me.

I may be the only one who experienced it, but I wanted to add that after upgrading to 4.01 beta, the amp modeling version was changed from LATEST to Q3.xx on my personal presets. The remaining factory presets (that I scrolled through) stayed on LATEST.

I dont get it if there is space for thousands of amps, cant we stick to this current firmware and just add amps?

last FW due to amps? or just the final FW...
would be nice to have choices of amps if any great amp comes or new driver blocks.
i love new FW... and own a mkii...

any chance to update the boot ROM?

As a Mk1 user if have to say FAS sucks!

Over and out, goodbye.
That's an immature response. What would you have us do? The ROM is full. I even went so far several firmwares ago to write a compression/decompression routine to fit more stuff in it but now we've reached the limit.

And-y's response reeks of sarcasm. At least I hope so...

I appreciate any and all effort you and the FAS team have put into this.

Over and out, goodbye.
raw

Thank you Cliff!

Give me legato, I want sustain a lot-oh. No joke, just yesterday I was just noticing how important it is to have the right legato preset.

Its so essential for practicing legato technique.

Can't hear your legato mistakes when they crunch away like dry bread...

And I don't like margarine sound any more than green eggs and ham.

I hope this new amp gives sound that remains on the air...well... like delicious real butter, that even stays on the tray long after the last French garlic bread's been crunched away (* been working on "maintaining Windows"... - haven't eaten in days...) An entire stick of delicious, real healthy, CREAMMY butter awaits.

(Fractals are in actual fact living in an analogously musical simulation of living musically simulated analogies o o)

Over and out, goodbye.
Wow really? You have been getting free firmware for years and the unit finally reaches a point that it can not hold any more information and this make Fractal suck? Someone needs to grow up. You realize there is no other musical company that is just going to update your unit for free forever right? If you want to have the latestest and greatest buy an Ax8 or an XL+ I mean there is a reason why the MK 1 and 2 are not made any longer.

If your post was based in sarcasm then I apologize for getting on you. The Internet is a funny thing when you can't tell what a persons tone is.

That's an immature response. What would you have us do? The ROM is full. I even went so far several firmwares ago to write a compression/decompression routine to fit more stuff in it but now we've reached the limit.
You can't please everyone. Any electronic digital device eventually becomes obsolete, or at least non-up-gradable. I get the same response when I tell customers, "no you can't run windows 10 on your 8086 computer".

I don't know how this works, but could you remove the old modelling versions in that version of the firmware? I understand there's a big trade-off here for those that want the old modelling options, but I always want the newest.

I don't know how this works, but could you remove the old modelling versions in that version of the firmware? I understand there's a big trade-off here for those that want the old modelling options, but I always want the newest.

exactly what i was thinking about... go through and remove some of the old crap that has been long been forgotten about. and the modeling switch.. etc. Either way i dont care, it sounds great what I have now. Just kind of addicted to updates. I hope the amp updates dont stop. I'm ok with the modeling version stopping.

Back
Top Bottom