Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta

sweeeeet !

Further improvement of preamp tube models based on measurements. The existing theoretical models, i.e. “Modern”, “Vintage”, etc., have been removed.
There are now six extremely accurate preamp tube types: 12AX7A, ECC83, 7025, 12AX7B, ECC803 and EF86.
Note that the EF86 type has been normalized to have roughly the same gain as the triode types.

Improved power tube saturation modeling. This yields warmer, “tubier” distortion. The PA Hardness parameter is automatically set for each power tube type but may be overridden if desired.

Improved tube interaction modeling. A new parameter, “Harmonics”, controls the amount of interaction. Higher values yield softer distortion.
The default value is set for each amp model but may be overridden.

Fixed Mr Z MZ-8 amp model sounding “off”.

2.01 release notes

Further improvement of preamp tube models based on measurements. The existing theoretical models, i.e. “Modern”, “Vintage”, etc., have been removed. There are now six extremely accurate preamp tube types: 12AX7A, ECC83, 7025, 12AX7B, ECC803 and EF86. Note that the EF86 type has been normalized to have roughly the same gain as the triode types.

Improved power tube saturation modeling. This yields warmer, “tubier” distortion. The PA Hardness parameter is automatically set for each power tube type but may be overridden if desired.

Improved tube interaction modeling. A new parameter, “Harmonics”, controls the amount of interaction. Higher values yield softer distortion. The default value is set for each amp model but may be overridden.

Fixed Mr Z MZ-8 amp model sounding “off”.

I just spent the past few days pouring over the recent notes on preamp bias & cathode followers... This is going to be a fun update to play with all that info!

awesome, interested to try the EF86 on the DC30 model. i know it won't be the same as having that channel but will be fun to see if it adds anything to an already fantastic amp.

''Harmonics'' parameter existed in my further wish list, bud now we've it ! and also I'm really excited about the new preamp tube types ... etc,
Thank you very much Cliff :).

Back
Top Bottom