Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

Fixed default Preamp Hardness being set to wrong value. Existing presets will be automatically updated to the new default value.
Fixed Backup System (XL and XL+ only feature) writing to wrong memory area and overwriting presets.

Cool. You mentioned a few days back that you had re-modelled something based on new measurements. Does this new firmware use the new modelling with corrected values or does the modelling revert back to FW1.03?

Not that it really matters to us players, but I do like to follow the story of the development

Actually 1.03. It's the same basic tonality of 1.03. 1.04 changed the Preamp Hardness whereas 1.05 sets it very close to the default value used in 1.03.
Does it still include what you were talking about in this post?

Wait 'til you hear 1.04. I finally figured out a way to measure something that's eluded me for years and, as a result, I've got a new triode saturation region model.

i feel special. i was enjoying firmware 1.03. hadn't been in for a few days. suddenly i just had this strong urge to come into the forum. and its a miracle! a whole firmware (1.04) got skipped and i'm like only 4 minutes into history! This is a tremendous product experience!

Reactions: yek
LOL. I was just logging in so I could grab 1.04. Nice turn around time Cliff! Thanks as always.

Holy Macaroni... I am out of town for over a week and its 2-3updates with fixes and amps... :D:D:D You dont mess around now do you....

i feel like the release notes for 1.04 & 1.05 should appear together for clarity. Hardness back to correct value. Saturation improved as of 1.04?

(I guess no, but i am not perfectly clear so...)

Fixed default Preamp Hardness being set to wrong value. Existing presets will be automatically updated to the new default value.
Fixed Backup System (XL and XL+ only feature) writing to wrong memory area and overwriting presets.
Added “Solo 88 Clean” amp model based on the clean channel of a Soldano X-88. All channels are now represented.
Added “PVH 6160+ Rhy” amp model based on Channel 1 of a Peavey 6505+ with the Crunch switch depressed and Bright switch out. The existing PVH 6160 II Rhy model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Rhy B”. Likewise the existing PVH 6160 II Ld model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Ld”.
Improved triode saturation modeling based on new measurements. The new modeling results in more accurate saturation behavior which, in turn, results in smoother overall distortion characteristics and more accurate harmonic content. Due to the new algorithm the default Preamp Hardness value is now 6.0. Existing presets are automatically updated upon recall.
Fixed thumping when switching between certain amp models.
Fixed Mixer block parameters not being recalled properly from Global Blocks.
Fixed wrong cathode cap value in CA3+ Clean amp model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom