Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 8.00 Up

Quick Question-

I had very recently upgraded to 7.0 but didnt change anything. I had backed up V 6.02 (which I was really happy with). If I
want to keep the 6.02 tones intact should I roll back to 6.02 and then upgrade firmware to 8.0???? If I am understanding this correctly
7.0 this should eliminate the dynamics changes that 7.0 has caused and enable me to get my tones back and still upgrade safely??

Man, that Deluxe Tweed cranked is instant Neil Young. Whether that's a good or bad thing is determined by your opinion of Mr. Young, of course.

Thanks as always for the wonderful updates, Mr. Chase.

Haven't downloaded or played with it yet, but I second (or third...fourth...twelfth?) the sentiment that I really appreciate your pursuit of excellence in this, and your business model. If all of the capability is combined with ongoing improvements that make a good unit even better, it seems very difficult to say that even $2600 full price is a lot to pay. You guys are making a big impression in the lives of a lot of musicians, and pushing the MI in ways that nobody else has come close to doing.

Sounds amazing !!!

I have no idea what you did to it this time Cliff ! I got rid of my two amps setup..I just piced up Recto Red Vintage ..a litlle twick, and I'm in Guitar Heaven !

Thanks Guys from Fractal for your hard and amazing work :)..

Like Guthrie Govan said..it has to be some kind of Witchcratft LOL..

Has anyone tried the Suhr Badger??? I haven't had the chance to try the firmware, yet. This amp is what I've been waiting the most!!

Anyone knows (or Cliff might want to chime in) what the cameron atomica high and low represents in the amp? is it 2 of the positions of the back gain switch? Or 2 of the positions of the front switch bellow the gain knob?
the Atomica also has a Low and Hi input. my guess is that's what's been modeled.

edit:
and there are actually three positions in the back and the switch in the front (which has also three positions) is a Bright switch

Man, that Deluxe Tweed cranked is instant Neil Young. Whether that's a good or bad thing is determined by your opinion of Mr. Young, of course.

Thanks as always for the wonderful updates, Mr. Chase.

I'm happy to hear about that. I read this whole thread waiting for someone to mention the Deluxe sound. It was my tweed Deluxe that he modeled. I only saw about 8.0 right as I was headed off to work and won't be able to update until tomorrow, so I haven't heard it. Cliff told me he thought they had it nailed and the fact that it does a great Neil Young is an excellent sign that they did.

Personally I think Neil's rocking tone is one of the great sounds of rock music. Ballsy, savage, explosive and on the edge of chaos. The Deluxe is capable of a lot of other sounds (Billy Gibbons anyone?) and I'm really looking forward to exploring some of those sounds independent of the specific volume they occur at in the amp. I'm also curious about the tweak Cliff put in to control the farting out when driven really hard. For spongy guitar/cable/amp blues tones it's the best amp I've ever had (that I could consistently turn up where it needed to be to do its' thing). It also responds really well to drive, trem, delay and verb pedals.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out and am really glad Cliff took me up on the offer to model it. I've been surprised that that amp was missing from the Axe lineup as it's one of the all-time classics and there seems to be a version of it in almost every other modeler. It's not likely to appeal to the high gain lovers, but they have plenty to play with in the Axe as it is. For low to medium gain though and almost any kind of guitar sound up to mid 70s blues-based hard rock, it should be good. I think it even has a good jazz clean tone with the volume down. I'm particularly looking forward to being able to get clean headroom out of it at solid volume and the crunch of it at more volume than it'll put out. I don't work tomorrow, so my hands should be good and sore by the end of the day.

As always, thanks Cliff for being so dedicated to excellence and continuous improvement.

All I can say is WOW, reset all my amps in my presets ,YEAA. presence is really sweet now ,easy to get a good sound from the fender amps,Atomica might be my go to amp now , I'm in amp heaven.:D Thank u Fractal .I love it ,its like getting new amps again and I get to play with them all over again.

What he said. I'm going to be using this as my main clean patch instead of the Vibro verb.

Wow, that's great news. I'm glad the clean sounds so good to you. I've loved the clean, but it was never clean loud enough for me, so I'd sometimes bring the Tweed Deluxe AND a larger powered Fender for headroom and blend them to taste for a given tune. No need for all that trouble now.

You're welcome to those who thanked me. I'm honored that Cliff did it and am really looking forward to hearing it. That Deluxe would be among the last amps I'd get rid of if it ever came to it. My partner who's a great slide player and lover of acoustic instruments often talks about an instrument teaching her things. That amp has been a huge teacher to me in terms of showing me what you can do tonally/texturally with just the volume and tone knobs on your guitar with the right amp. It also help show me how great some driven sounds are when played with fingers rather than a pick. Also, the genius in the combination of a telecaster bridge pickup and a great tweed amp. If those qualities come through in the model (which I'm sure they did based on how great everything else sounds in V7), it's a beautiful thing.

I can't wait til I have time tomorrow to crank it up. I'm really looking forward to playing the Supro, too, and the Phase Inverter rework will apply to everything I play as it's almost always non-MV amp models with the master at 8.5 or more for me. When people say it's even juicier and more organic than V7, I wonder how, but I thought V6 was great and then V7 completely blew my mind.

Thank You Cliff for the latest update and all your continued hard work! I can't wait to try it!

Will Axe-Edit have the new amps added soon?

Damn, damn, damn,
Not another major firmware upgrade.
I hate this.
i have to retweak all my presets
And I'll probably end up with a few extra favourite amp models.
So it'll be harder to choose...
I started with three and now have about fourteen.
That's not a bad thing is it?
Having more favourite amp models?
Oh, and now that i think about it....
the last time I had to retweak my presets, it took me about half an hour.....
I'm off...
Upgrading time ;)

Thanks again Cliff
Thanks a million
There's no one like you in the business

Back
Top Bottom