Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

I'm still thinking this through, but, at first glance I think the new scene controllers really ups the anti in terms of the controlled variation we can get between scenes. For example I believe this essentially grants my wish here ( http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...scale-parameter-pitch-custom-shift-block.html ) because I'll be able to set the custom scale value along with each scene selected. This is big, BIG JERRY!, BIG!
Yup! As long as you can attach a controller to it, you can toggle it between two values with scene changes now.

Improved diode models in Drive block. This affects Drive types that use the GE Diode, SI Diode and new LED Clip Types.

Added LED Clip Type to Drive block (see above).

Added “FAS LED-Drive” Drive model.

Improved Amp block power supply current draw modeling which improves “feel”.

Improved Amp block phase-inverter-to-power-tube-grid interaction modeling which improves transient response resulting in faster attack. This also improves the clarity of notes especially when using heavily overdriven power amp settings.

LED Clip type is a very cool surprise in v12; my favorite clipping device by a long margin. I think the Rockman used LED clippers so guys looking for that tone may find this addition/FAS LED-Drive just the ticket.

Have already shut the rig down for the night before stumbling on this thread but I can't wait to try 12 over the weekend, especially the improvements listed for the Amp block...nice!

Yup! As long as you can attach a controller to it, you can toggle it between two values with scene changes now.
Sounds like you can use this for something like Amp Drive/Level/whatever... so ifinstead of having to use X/Y to get an amp boost, you can just do it with scenes.

Can't wait to load this update tomorrow! So many cool things in it. Just one thing is confusing:

3. Smooth – Sets Triode Hardness to the minimum value essentially creating an ideal preamp and turns off grid conduction modeling in the power amp. This removes most of the “nasty” distortion that tube amps create.
4. Ideal – Removes most of the “warts” from the modeling which includes grid conduction, output transformer distortion, bias shifting and AC power supply modeling. Supply sag, screen voltage effects and crossover distortion are still modeled.
5. Ideal/Smooth – Same as #3 but also sets Triode Hardness to its lowest value. This is in essence an ideal preamp plus an ideal power amp.
Both 3 and 5 appear to be saying the same thing, Triode Hardness is set at minimum. I think one of them should say something else? Or maybe it should be "same as #4 ... "

Cliff, thanks for all your hard work. If I wasnt bamboozled by this box b4 then I sure am today. I'm so confused. Completely OD'd on parameters. I may need to sell everything and buy a Les Paul and JCM800 just to get back down to earth. ;)

Rest assured pre sets are only better! So far thank the LORD no new tweaks needed to be up and running will explore new options over the weekend!

This is unbelievable! Cab Lab one day, V12 the next, new Ax Edit coming. And just in time for the long weekend! My fingers will be raw by Tuesday. Thank you so much Cliff and all the FAS team. What a great company!

Back
Top Bottom