Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I have to agree with wtfover. Some have called it subtle. Maybe in the sense that you don't have to rework your presets, but the improvement in tone is amazing! Definitely the best yet. Way to go, Cliff!!! Thank you for leading the way in this revolution!

Okay, now I have to calm down enough to go to bed. Yah, right!

I'm not really familiar with a Silver Jubilee, but I love it already. I reminds me very much of the 200W model 2000 Marshall I had at one time. Can get very distorted, get retain good midrange clarity. And that's without tweaking it at all, just swapping it in in my Plexi Treble patch.

I'm still on the 6.02 firmware it was shipped with and still loving it. I am wondering about this scenes thingy. I wonder if it basically the same thing as how I use my Gordius Midi controller. I have a bank for each song. In each bank there are different presets for each part of that song. In each of these presets I have all the on/off states and other midi messages and I can select them as I wish depending on the part of the song I am on. I almost always only use one patch for each separate song. Just wondering if this is essentially the same thing?

Should we be able to save different input gate settings with different scenes?
I see CC# 34 is scene select. Is this a cycle type function? There is not 8 CC's for 8 scenes?

Last minute check of the forum for the night and it feels like Christmas! Thanks, Cliff!!!!

Yes, Geamala, that's how scenes works. It allows you to pre-set and then recall up to eight "snapshots" of the on/off state of fx, plus the main output, all within a single preset.

In comparison to having the intelligence reside in the MIDI controller, it's very easy to set up from the front panel and doesn't depend on (potentially long, slow?) strings of CC data to actuate. A single message sets the whole scene.

After 4 hours dialing in presets with 8.01a, i updated to 9.0 and baaaam. The balls are back but in a more defined way.
It´s like a higher resolution. It sounds great and the dynamics are really great now.

I had no problems using Axe-Edit on Win7 via USB until 8.01a, but with Firmware 9.0 i can´t see the text in the cab section. Text moved into signs. All Cabs. :shock

Axe Edit Bug.JPG

Looking foward to the new Axe-Edit version. :D

Thanks for the Update!

Thank you Cliff! How are you all loading this version? I still have AE 1.0. 3.17 will that work? Sorry I have been out the loop.

If you are into aggressive tones, experiment with the Power Tube Bias. Drop it to, say, 2.00 and you'll get more crossover distortion which adds a nice sizzle. This is partly why 5150s sound the way the do, they're biased cold.

Wow, that is so awesome.. Thanks Cliff..

Between amazing converters, amazing sound and ever evolving software this is by far the best purchase since... Urr, I'm not sure really. Probably the first really great purchase in a very long time.

Do I need to reset amps this time to take advantage of FW? Some of my presets have weird stuff I twisted I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom