Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.00 and MFC-101 Firmware 2.15 Available

...since we can only have two amps loaded per preset does it mean I can only have 2 amps to choose from per every 8 scenes?
You get two amp blocks, each with X and Y settings. That gives you four amps wo to work with as you change scenes.

Perfect timing. After next Wednesday I have three weeks off. Sorry honey but Ill be unavailable for a while....

I'm still getting a small gap when switching between X and Y in the Amp block. But if you plan ahead and have the amp that's not active in the X or Y state that you need, you can switch to that amp in the next scene while simultaneously switching the amp you were just using to the other X,Y state for the next scene. A possible solution ??

Thank you Cliff, FAS team, and beta testers for your time and efforts for what is (once again) a fantastic update! Special thanks to Cliff for the Super Reverb and especially for the Fuchs ODS50. With just a few quick adjustments I was able to get the Fuchs to sound just like my old Fuchs ODS50 mic'd up. The modeling changes also make all of the amp models sound and feel better (and they were already fantastic before).

Off to play some more :)

ETA: anyone else diggin' the Fox ODS (Fuchs ODS50)?

Did anyone else notice that presence got reset to 0 when updating the firmware or is it just me? I can't remember where I had it set pre update.

man, this fw9 is amazing. i had a vh4 patch i liked in fw9beta, but fw9 takes it to a whole different level. the palm mutes are insane. the growl feels very natural. i played the model through the power section of my real vh4 and without tonematching or lots of tweaking, it's just silly how close this feels and sounds to the real thing. job well done guys!

Last edited:
FAS Crunch

Ahhhh....the "crack"(for lack of better words) right before you hit the note,THAT'S what I was missing.
FAS Crunch=Perfect Plexi.
I've been using axe since 2007 , I don't post a lot, but this update....thank you guys!!

Can't unzip the files???? These are the errors I get. Any clue?

Extracting to "C:\Users\Roger\Desktop\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Warning: skipping "axefx2_9p00.syx". The general purpose flags stored in the local header for this file are not the same as the general purpose flags stored in the central header
Warning: skipping "Release_Notes.pdf". The general purpose flags stored in the local header for this file are not the same as the general purpose flags stored in the central header
Warning: skipping "Scenes_Mini_Manual.pdf". The general purpose flags stored in the local header for this file are not the same as the general purpose flags stored in the central header

updated to 9.0 via Axe-Edit without issue
everything seems to be working so far that I've briefly looked at..
tone wise I don't think I'm hearing much difference from 9.0 beta - which is cool cos I love it..
unfortunately I'm still setting up my guitars for my next session so I've not really had much time to play or explore the new amps yet..
that'll change though pretty soon.. yaaayyy ! !
looking forward to it too...

thanks FAS...
you guys are just awesome

Thank you FAS for all your hard work. It was a loooong day after a laaate night of tweeking with the new FW9. Sounds great!

It's funny, I was on my way home from work this evening contemplating how much fun I was going to have upgrading to FW9. As I pulled in the neighborhood, a UPS truck was pulling out and I started having flashbacks of the old days when my heart would start racing wondering if the delivery of my new gear had finally arrived from Sweetwater or Musician's Friend and would hopefully be sitting on my front portch when I arrived. Then I started thinking, what if it were 12 new physical amplifiers that I would have to carry upstairs to my music room and unpack and set up? Then I started wondering how I would find space to add to the 90+ amps I already had lying around. Then I started thinking about how the total investment in those 100+ amps would approximate the payoff on my home mortgage. Then I started thinking about buyer's remorse and having to call the vendor back to get an authorized return because a few of the amps I auditioned may not have sounded up to snuff and I wouldn't be able to afford them anyway...

I think I'll stick to the 10 minute downloand and upgrade option!

Thanks Cliff!!

Similar issue here - error msgs when trying to extract the zipped download files... What's up with that - how do you get past this?

I have noticed that the depth parameter seems to be broken on some models (I almost always use some) - Bad Kitty is one. Can't wait til the new AxeEdit is available! ;)

I just upgraded and it seems that all my cab names have been replaced with hexidecimal garbledegook. Please halp!

I have noticed that the depth parameter seems to be broken on some models (I almost always use some) - Bad Kitty is one. Can't wait til the new AxeEdit is available! ;)

Depth only works on models with negative feedback. Always been that way.

Why can Cliff change the world and make such rapid changes and improvements in this amazing product so rapidly
and yet 100's of politicians on capital hill can't even figure out a budget resulting in the possibility of crossing the fiscal cliff(pun intended)

Cliff for president!!

Back
Top Bottom