Axe-Edit 3.8.0 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.8.0 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Release Notes

New Features:

1. Added new Preferences option "Automatically pause the communications when an Axe-Fx front-panel change is detected." These front panel changes include: scenes, presets, block enable states, and parameter changes from the VALUE and ABCD quick controls.

2. Added new Block menu command "Reset Current Effect Type". This command is an expansion of the existing Block Reset command.
a. "Reset Current Effect Type" saves the block's current effect type (if applicable), resets the block to its defaults, and then changes the block's effect type back to the saved value.
b. The hot-key CTRL+I (Windows) CMD+I (MAC) was removed from the existing Block Reset and moved to the new "Reset Current Effect Type". The existing Block Reset no longer has a hot-key associated with it but is still accessible from the Block menu.

3. Modified the formatting of the "Save to new Preset Number" confirmation dialog with name of the new preset. Example: Are you sure you want to replace preset (305) "Morgan AC20 Dlx Trbl 12AX7" with "Marshall JMP-1 Preamp"?

4. Modified the TONE MATCH block by adding a "Start Both" button which starts the capture of both the Reference and Local signals. Also moved the "Mode" button to the main "Match" page.

5. The Pause Communications dialog overlay has now been made semi-transparent allowing the grid to be partially visible.

6. The currently selected scene's values for Scene Controller 1 and Scene Controller 2 are now included in "Copy Current Scene", "Paste to Current Scene", "Paste to All Scenes", and the Scene Swap functions.

7. Axe-Change is now accessible from Axe-Edit. Choose Axe-Change from the Tools menu. This will open an Axe-Change browser in a separate window to allow quick modifications to a newly downloaded Axe-Change Preset or Cab. (NOTE: Download functionality is only supported at this time.)

8. Cab IR files can now be imported via Axe-Manage:Cabs. IR files ship with the Fractal Audio Cab Packs and have a .ir extension. The Axe-Manage:Cabs Browser menu has two new sub-menus whose selection is saved in the global settings:
a. IR Processing Mode: Choose between None, Auto Trim, and Min Phase. Default is set to None.
b. IR Output Mode: Choose between Normal and UltraRes. Default is Normal.

Bug Fixes:

1. In the AMP block, changing the "Preamp Tube Type" now refreshes the "Preamp Hardness" parameter.

2. In the AMP block, changing the "Power Tube Type" now refreshes the "Pwr Amp Hardness" parameter.

3. The "Save Preset-Cab Bundle" dialog was incorrectly ignoring the user cabinets in an imported preset whose CAB blocks were set to the Y-state. The editor was not refreshing the XY state of the imported preset before fetching the cabinet names.

4. In the PHASER block, changed the "Vibe Mode" toggle switch to "Phaser Mode" dropdown.

5. Fixed a bug in the Copy/Swap XY functionality in which the "Preamp Tube Type" was being reset to its default value for the selected Amp and was not the user's changed value.

Awesome! I've been playing so much with the AX8 but I still gotta get all the good stuff for my rack rig. Thanks

Whooooooo! This has been working really well in the betas. Happy it's finally out there in the wild!

7. Axe-Change is now accessible from Axe-Edit. Choose Axe-Change from the Tools menu. This will open an Axe-Change browser in a separate window to allow quick modifications to a newly downloaded Axe-Change Preset or Cab. (NOTE: Download functionality is only supported at this time.)

Installed but getting timed out..."failure to get all patch names..." how to fix?

Nevermind-restarted computer and all's well

Last edited:
I'm out of town on bidness this whole week, but I have a lot of rehearsal and programming to do over the weekend. Looking forward to installing this new edition.

Thanks so much for your tireless pursuit of product improvement and positive customer experience using the edit software. It is awesome.

Thanks for that! (And everything else)
Pauly

Axe-Edit 3.8.0 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Release Notes

New Features:

1. Added new Preferences option "Automatically pause the communications when an Axe-Fx front-panel change is detected." These front panel changes include: scenes, presets, block enable states, and parameter changes from the VALUE and ABCD quick controls.

2. Added new Block menu command "Reset Current Effect Type". This command is an expansion of the existing Block Reset command.
a. "Reset Current Effect Type" saves the block's current effect type (if applicable), resets the block to its defaults, and then changes the block's effect type back to the saved value.
b. The hot-key CTRL+I (Windows) CMD+I (MAC) was removed from the existing Block Reset and moved to the new "Reset Current Effect Type". The existing Block Reset no longer has a hot-key associated with it but is still accessible from the Block menu.

3. Modified the formatting of the "Save to new Preset Number" confirmation dialog with name of the new preset. Example: Are you sure you want to replace preset (305) "Morgan AC20 Dlx Trbl 12AX7" with "Marshall JMP-1 Preamp"?

4. Modified the TONE MATCH block by adding a "Start Both" button which starts the capture of both the Reference and Local signals. Also moved the "Mode" button to the main "Match" page.

5. The Pause Communications dialog overlay has now been made semi-transparent allowing the grid to be partially visible.

6. The currently selected scene's values for Scene Controller 1 and Scene Controller 2 are now included in "Copy Current Scene", "Paste to Current Scene", "Paste to All Scenes", and the Scene Swap functions.

8. Cab IR files can now be imported via Axe-Manage:Cabs. IR files ship with the Fractal Audio Cab Packs and have a .ir extension. The Axe-Manage:Cabs Browser menu has two new sub-menus whose selection is saved in the global settings:
a. IR Processing Mode: Choose between None, Auto Trim, and Min Phase. Default is set to None.
b. IR Output Mode: Choose between Normal and UltraRes. Default is Normal.

Bug Fixes:

1. In the AMP block, changing the "Preamp Tube Type" now refreshes the "Preamp Hardness" parameter.

2. In the AMP block, changing the "Power Tube Type" now refreshes the "Pwr Amp Hardness" parameter.

3. The "Save Preset-Cab Bundle" dialog was incorrectly ignoring the user cabinets in an imported preset whose CAB blocks were set to the Y-state. The editor was not refreshing the XY state of the imported preset before fetching the cabinet names.

4. In the PHASER block, changed the "Vibe Mode" toggle switch to "Phaser Mode" dropdown.

5. Fixed a bug in the Copy/Swap XY functionality in which the "Preamp Tube Type" was being reset to its default value for the selected Amp and was not the user's changed value.

Been doing a lot of Edit work on my Axe. Came back on tonight and new update. What I immediately noticed is how long it takes to save presets. Crazy amount of time. If I copy say 5 or 6 presets, it turns them red, then it takes about 7 or 8 seconds per preset to save them to green.

I was just working with the previous version last night. Took maybe 2 to 3 seconds per preset?

OSX Yosemite. Latest firmware Axe XL. Axe Edit 3.8.

Feature of the year! :):D

Back
Top Bottom