Wish Auto reduce resolution instead of shutdown

Yep... More and more I feel this is a must have. As a work around I see myself doing X/Y with cab and reverb with lower resolution (same parameters) just to support some scenes. Very annoying :(

Maybe because the change from High to Normal wouldn't be visible on the grid.
Personally I don't like it when settings are changed "under the hood", I want to know and see what's happening.

Also, that change from High to Normal is an intermediate solution. If Normal doesn't suffice, a second action would be needed to deal with the CPU overload.

It would get too complex. I think it's a good thing to leave it to the user to change the Verb settings.

Maybe because the change from High to Normal wouldn't be visible on the grid.
Personally I don't like it when settings are changed "under the hood", I want to know and see what's happening.

Also, that change from High to Normal is an intermediate solution. If Normal doesn't suffice, a second action would be needed to deal with the CPU overload.

It would get too complex. I think it's a good thing to leave it to the user to change the Verb settings.

Very easy to solve that: change the blinking speed and the icon on the AX8-Edit.

Let's say, if the resolution "drops" from high to normal, the AX8-Edit blinks a "yellow" warning flag and the AX8 painel shows the block blinking "slowly". If it shuts down (last resource) the AX-Edit blinks the "red" alert flag (like it does today) and the AX8 display blinks "faster".

Also, it can reduce the "cab" resolution automatically before shut things down. In the worst case, it turn-off (like it already does today). It is like steps of CPU management (that users normally do by hand): reduce verb, reduce cab, if everything fails, turn off verb :p

Maybe you could even configure that behavior in the "global settings". Imagine a config that sets what is the "behavior" of CPU overload. Options: "reduce resolution / turn off".

Last edited:
By the way, the AX8 is ALREADY 'deciding' to shut down the reverb on its own, which is already quite annoying... :(
it's either that or stop your entire signal. your CPU choices are making the decision :) if your CPU is close, reduce the Reverb settings yourself before you get to the gig.

it's either that or stop your entire signal. your CPU choices are making the decision :) if your CPU is close, reduce the Reverb settings yourself before you get to the gig.

More or less. Currently I am facing an issue in one preset that I have (nor sure if it is expected or it is a bug) that when I turn the drive "on" it works for like 1-2min then suddenly the CPU goes up and it shuts down the Verb. And that happens "while" I am playing.

I can proactively choose stuff to be low resolution, but, that happens just while I am using the drive :(

More or less. Currently I am facing an issue in one preset that I have (nor sure if it is expected or it is a bug) that when I turn the drive "on" it works for like 1-2min then suddenly the CPU goes up and it shuts down the Verb. And that happens "while" I am playing.

I can proactively choose stuff to be low resolution, but, that happens just while I am using the drive :(
can you upload that preset here? if you are in the 87% range, once the AX8 starts actually processing the audio (when you start playing guitar), the CPU will raise 2-3%. this is normal. that audio processing might be pushing it up a bit.

if you can export and upload that preset, we can help figure this out if you'd like.

can you upload that preset here? if you are in the 87% range, once the AX8 starts actually processing the audio (when you start playing guitar), the CPU will raise 2-3%. this is normal. that audio processing might be pushing it up a bit.

if you can export and upload that preset, we can help figure this out if you'd like.

Sure, give me 5min.

But... I still think that the "automatically resolution reduce" feature would be awesome! :)

Here is the preset.

Basically you just need to use the drive in the "Y" mode, the Amp, the Cab, the Reverb and the Looper. Everything else off.

In the beginning it will work. Play for a while and suddenly the "Reverb" will shutdown.

The CPU usage is around 87% :p

Attachments

• ODS-100 HRM 2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
The CPU usage is around 87% :p
i'll try it out, but i'm just gonna guess this is the thing :) if your Reverb Echo Density can come down from 8 to 6, or 6 to 4 etc (i haven't seen the preset yet) it probably will take care of it, and probably won't notice any difference in the audio.

i'll try it out, but i'm just gonna guess this is the thing :) if your Reverb Echo Density can come down from 8 to 6, or 6 to 4 etc (i haven't seen the preset yet) it probably will take care of it, and probably won't notice any difference in the audio.

Yes, you are right. Changed the Echo Density from 8 to 6 and it "fixed" it.

But... again... :D I still think that a "automatic resolution reduction" is a cool feature. I strongly believe is better then just shut down out of nowhere :(

Yes, you are right. Changed the Echo Density from 8 to 6 and it "fixed" it.

But... again... :D I still think that a "automatic resolution reduction" is a cool feature. I strongly believe is better then just shut down out of nowhere :(
cool. i wouldn't put "fixed" in quotes though, because that is the way to solve a too high CPU issue - reduce CPU.

though i too am in the camp of "don't change my settings automatically." a disabled block results from a very specific issue. having settings change and not knowing what they are would lead many people to insanity, including myself :)

cool. i wouldn't put "fixed" in quotes though, because that is the way to solve a too high CPU issue - reduce CPU.

though i too am in the camp of "don't change my settings automatically." a disabled block results from a very specific issue. having settings change and not knowing what they are would lead many people to insanity, including myself :)

Cool! Just have a global setting for it, so, for people like you it doesn't and for people like me it does!

Everyone happy! ;)

I want to bump this request up since I really think it is doable and it would make everyone happy :)

[BUMP]

I really wish this feature and I believe is not that hard to do (I can be wrong, of course :D).

For people that don't want that, a simple config in the reverb block or a global config can keep the current behavior. That can even, of course, be the default behavior.

Back
Top Bottom