Atomic SLR 400

I have wanted a great lightweight fanless stereo 1u power amp with plenty of power forever. Tom, how do I get in line for one of these?

How about that DSP stuff Matrix is doing for super-flat EQ and, from my estimation, fletcher-munson balancing as well?

To effectively implement Fletcher-Munson equal-loudness contours you would need to know the sound pressure level at the listener's position. I would be surprised if Atomic has found a practical way to do this.

Terry.

This looks quite promising, especially because I'm looking into getting a CLR somewhere at the end of the year, as I find myself pushing the limit of my active Atomic Reactor at rehearsals. I was going to go for the active wedge, but if this is out by then I may reconsider going the SLR + passive CLR wedge option, for increased versatility. Also curious how this might compare to the Matrix GT1000, both in performance and price. :)

One smart implementation I've got on a hi-fi Yamaha amp of mine is an attenuator which implements F-M compensation. Nothing scientific or accurate by the decimals, but useful when you play at a certain (high) volume, you like the sound and want to lower volume w/o giving it up. I find it quite effective, even tho not hi-fi in the least.

This is the best you can get w/o a mic measuring the sound pressure in the room & crossing those values with a person's individual sensitivity.

Anyway, F-M curves are individual, and also change with the age. Those graphics are just a statistic.

:)

Any more news on this? I'm saving up for something to order at the end of the year, but I don't know what exactly yet. :D Could be an active CLR wedge, could be a passive CLR wedge+GT1000, could be a passive CLR wedge+SLR400...

Any more news on this? I'm saving up for something to order at the end of the year, but I don't know what exactly yet. :D Could be an active CLR wedge, could be a passive CLR wedge+GT1000, could be a passive CLR wedge+SLR400...
Thanks. I have all the info, I just need to put it together. Things have been crazy busy here but I'll try to post something in a few days. Parts are on order for production so it won't be too long.

Best,

Tom

Thanks. I have all the info, I just need to put it together. Things have been crazy busy here but I'll try to post something in a few days. Parts are on order for production so it won't be too long.

Best,

Tom

Tom, can you hint at what they are going to sell for?

I love my active CLRs, but the one feature that I wished they had is an option to use them passively, like the Q12a does. Then I would be able to use a rack amp like this and have the power module in the CLR there as a reserve.

It looks great and i was thinking I needed to try my EVH cab with the A2 for kicks. Tried it and promptly went back to the powered CLR. The real cab did not capture the dynamics of my pre sets at all. Sounded completely different. Yes I know the speakers make a difference but the Ir's I use are close to whats in the CLR

Back
Top Bottom