Atomic CLR Active Wedge Review

thx for the review. I really appreciate the exposure the FAS forum is giving to us all for the CLR, matrix and Xitone amps. When I was searching for basic info on gear for the axe a couple years ago, I read every thread here about amps, cabs, racks, pedalboards, etc.

After your report, I'm more intrigued to hear the CLR and compare it to my Xitone now. Good stuff!

Thanks, thats what this forum is for. Your review is equally informative. There are plenty of options available and I'm sure people will have their own preferences. In my job one day ill use a certain scalpel for a particular job and another day a different instrument depending on what's needed. That does not negate the value of the tool I choose not to use! There actually is not Powered Wedge option to compare with in this class. Matrix make a passive wedge, but not an active one. It's difficult to know exactly what comparisons I should be making. There are plenty of options and I don't think turning this into a beauty contest is very helpful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... As we know

The best thing anyone can do I to try the options for themselves and make their own critical appraisal of what works for them. If you rely on other people's opinions/tastes/ears you may be sorely disappointed. I learned the lesson with guitars amps, audio preamps mikes etc a long time ago. You have to use and try it for yourself and not rely on anything or anybody else.

I happen to be happy with the CLR for a number of reasons including sound and portability. I am sure the options out there sound great too but all the boxes are ticked for me

Last edited:
Great review. Very thorough but what else would you expect from Dr. Cullen. (BTW, isnt that the vampire dad in Twilight) :)

Now, c'mon Tom. Lets get those emails rolling. I'm dying over here.

Exactly. I am going to be on this forum for another 8 centuries at least lol :twisted:twisted

Nice review, James. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Knowing what you have to compare it to makes me extra pleased that your enjoying your CLR so much.

-TK

Nice review, James. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Knowing what you have to compare it to makes me extra pleased that your enjoying your CLR so much.

-TK

Thanks Tom
You and Jay have produced a remarkable product and it deserves to be reviewed positively. It does do what it says on the tin and once more people have had a chance to review their own they will confirm that. I am sure it will sell itself. The quality and reference capabilities are apparent from the moment you put source material through it. I don't know how you've done it but it works beautifully. Great customer service also
James

randolfo said:
thats a matrix gm50, which I think a few guys on the forum have said is plenty loud.

First off, great review James. Very well done!

Second, a point of clarity. The GM50 guitar module amp from Matrix is 400watts into 4ohms and 225watts into 8ohms. It is essentially one half of a GT800FX!

Thanks,

Mick

+1 for the review
-1 for the forum trolls.

Seriously, great review. Thanks, helped me make the choice to order Active CLR's as opposed to the Matrix and passive CLR's

First off, great review James. Very well done!

Second, a point of clarity. The GM50 guitar module amp from Matrix is 400watts into 4ohms and 225watts into 8ohms. It is essentially one half of a GT800FX!

Thanks,

Mick
Thanks Mick.
Apologies for not being up to speed about your active wedges. They seem to be pretty awesome. I look forward to hearing more about them. I hope that people take the time to do some critical and positive reviewing. We are so blessed to have such a range of great tools to choose from. I wish you all success with your product.
James

Thanks Mick.
Apologies for not being up to speed about your active wedges. They seem to be pretty awesome. I look forward to hearing more about them. I hope that people take the time to do some critical and positive reviewing. We are so blessed to have such a range of great tools to choose from. I wish you all success with your product.
James

No apologies necessary! You are correct; We are quite blessed that there are so many very cool tools to choose from! I appreciate your well wishes and likewise wish you continued enjoyment from your CLR's!

Thanks,

Mick

Back
Top Bottom