Another Tri-Chorus thread

Yes, it's been asked before but now we are on a much higher firmware version. And yes, I occasionally enjoy to recreate. Not always innovate. And yes, I've tried but I'm not a skilled knob twister.

I know I can't be the only one wanting a good Tri-Chorus in my Axe. The classic Landau/Huff.

So please! Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Love it too and been done satisfactory (for me) since the Ultra days IMO.

I think the most recent version was from Swedish Chef, "Bulge of Tales" around nov 2013 who went about it a bit differently than Enzo Sutera, IIRC.

Not sure so much has changed in the choruses besides a few details, the Dimension mode and the new analog chorus algorithm? The last one may of course be interesting to hear in this context.

If people in the know think it can get 15% closer, then I'm asking for that too :D From not having played a real one, I doubt it.

Last edited:
pretty sure that an accurate emulation would make the Axe-Fx quite (or even more) attractive to some new customers. especially if it'd be ported over to the FX8 as well. some have tried to emulate this before, IMHO they all failed...

we did a massive thread on that exact tone some years ago. check out this patch, which has a great trichorus in it and search for "landau" on axechange

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Dripping Wet - by simeon

save the quad chorus settings to your blocks library in axe edit and then you can drop it into any patch you like
the Axe's QuadChorus is very good in its own right, but compared to a real Tri it's not quite the same. you can get close to a Tri, but it's not supposed to be a 100% direct emulation of it anyway. the real Tri has that watery ripples kind of character I've so far only heard in the real thing...

YOu're getting close Azael, I am sure it can be done in the Axe but it's above most of our pay scale to figure it out haha. The thing yours is missing is the shimmering, and the chorus rate seems off too. But yeah great job on a first attempt.

YOu're getting close Azael, I am sure it can be done in the Axe but it's above most of our pay scale to figure it out haha. The thing yours is missing is the shimmering, and the chorus rate seems off too. But yeah great job on a first attempt.

Thanks so much!!

If only there were a WISH section you could have posted this at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom