All amps G3 in Quantum?

I thought all amps would be G3 in Quantum? But the wiki says some amps are not G3'd yet (e.g. CA OD2)? The Axe does not highlight if the amp is G3 or not. Or is this not relevant anymore?

What made you think that? I never read that they would be, but maybe i missed something.

I'm guessing they all havent been g3'd. because some of them were hard to track down. but they use the new code so they benefit.

We don't really know what G1, 2, 3 was really all about. My wild guess is they shared the same core of tube modeling and Gx was an improvement upon the tube reaction to its surroundings. The way I feel/hear, Quantum changed the core of the tube modeling. If I am right than there's no such thing a G3'd Quantum.

My guess is that G3 gave Cliff the information he needed to make the jump to Quantum.

To answer your next question:
No, I'm not sure that all the amps have all that 'information' that he used to G3. I'm sure we'll find out in future updates.

AFTER the amp show.

it kind of does matter, no one really knows what Quantum is and if it replaces the G3 tech or not, a big deal was made when amps started to be replaced with their G3 models so I for one would be interested what this means for G3 and for that matter what Quantum actually does, I really love my XL+ and the more info I can get on it the better.

it kind of does matter, no one really knows what Quantum is and if it replaces the G3 tech or not, a big deal was made when amps started to be replaced with their G3 models so I for one would be interested what this means for G3 and for that matter what Quantum actually does, I really love my XL+ and the more info I can get on it the better.

It would be nice to know if all amp models are sharing the same core algorithm's, and if some are more accurate than others.

I am kind of just rolling with the updates.
They are FREE.
They are usually an improvement in tone and feel.

Whatever Cliff wants to do that he thinks will make it better I am good with.
I am waaaay past trying to understand what he is doing with the FW code.
I don't really care what he wants to call the next FW.

I think next one should be called " Everybody STFU and Play".

Line 6 is coming out with Helix (which I am sure is excellent), but it only has 45 amps and I guarantee you that you will have to pay to get more.
We have 223 amps. 223.

Cliff could release beta FW19 tomorrow, call it "G4 Double Quantum" and everyone would be falling all over themselves about how this is the biggest game changer since the invention of games. Want to know HOW good it is? Plug into a PODHD or even an Amplifire and tell me it is in the same ballpark as the AXE. I have them both. And it isn't. The AXE sounds incredible and has for a long time--quit brain f**king this and enjoy it guys.

Spock:
A logical thinker is simply curious and attempting to reconcile what was a focused effort from model to model versus what is a new overreaching approach.

attachment.php

Attachments

• twilight_zone.jpg
    twilight_zone.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 596
Well, as far as I know myself, I should care about this, I'm a hell of a curious person about these stuff.
I've always written posts including the word 'wow' after many firmware updates. So I decided to wait and let some time pass after the Q1 release. So I can 'wow' now! :)
After I got my new blue beauty (the Schecter with active Duncans), and both knowing that the 5153 Red Channel is G3'ed/Q'ed and having Cab Pack 7, I don't give a poop anymore. I'm sure that it is both the guitar and the firmware (I've done some brief tests).
Finally, after two years, I played for two hours without touching a damn knob. This was not the case even with my beloved mini rectifier's real knobs :)
This firmware made me hear/feel the most dramatical change for me (I started from fw10 or 11, I don't remember which one).
Two months ago, I actually considered to buy a DSL5c and get rid of all the details about the digital domain. But those details are reduced to only a high/low cut at the cab block from low cuts from low/high cuts whereever I could do it. Since this also would be the case with micing a real amp, I don't really care about getting the real thing or the modelling generations or other stuff anymore, I just play.
This may seem stupid, but after the quantum firmware, I don't even need to use 2% or 3% of room reverb anymore! This is good, since I always needed but hated reverb on my guitars. It was a love/hate relationship. 10%-20% CPU is the bonus!
Now it is time to choose the 5-10 best alloys of Mikko's all awesome cab packs (decided that they are the best for me finally), stay away from Mesa/Boogie sims (they are different beasts, not bad certainly, but when you get used to them, you just cannot get used to any other amp, so I choose to have more options), and play till the morning!

Back
Top Bottom