John Mayer Tone

Yes I've searched and read all them threads but I'm really not coming close.

And then I found this video. Pretty new.

They really nailed it I think. Is there an amp & cab in the axe with some effects that can achieve what they had here?

I can't put it in words. But its like there's hardly any piercing (mids?) and yet when they turn on that MOSFET thing it seems to cut so nicely (I'd imagine; thru a mix)

Btw I use a Suhr classic. So it's pretty fenderish I hope.

Last edited:
I can't put it in words. But its like there's hardly any piercing (mids?) and yet when they turn on that MOSFET thing it seems to cut so nicely (I'd imagine; thru a mix)

Great video. I have found that the Two Stone J35-1 amp sim and a 4X12 Greenback cab combo in the AFX gets me what I need. One thing I learned from that video is that I have to play with the compressor block more to really "punch" the tone into the amp/cab. Can play with it later on with my AFX II M1 to see if a preset is available.

I made this preset a bit ago featuring the tonal capabilities of the Two Rock amps, they're phenomenal: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/two-rock-j35-ambient-jam-ish.119082/

It'd be simple to make another in the AFX II so let me see what I can come up with this weekend if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom