So I'm writing a second review...

I did a bunch of A/B'ing of monitors a few years ago at our local GC and ended up with the Yamahas. There were things that I heard in songs that I have listened to for years that I had never heard before. They don't have tons of bass and they can actually be a bit fatiguing for some, but for what I was after they fit the bill perfectly.

You can find good deals on them if you look around. I think that I did some price matching with GC and Amazon or something and got them for almost 50% off.

I'm using the MAudio BX8's and really like them.

Mark

I agree with the both of these .... I have had a set of BX8's for ... UGH ... I don't think theyd been on the market long when I bought them ... ive had mine for something around 10 years and I love them. Here a year or so ago I was running a set of the Yamaha's at a friends place and to me, they were much more fatiguing and I had to take more breaks to clear my ears. To me, they were a bit harsh. Maybe I am just used to the BX8's tho.

When you live in Michigan, you have a good chance of actually seeing this (usually a Vette, though).

I'm not kidding...

I am from Southwestern Ohio .. yeah ... you see that there too .... but now living on the east coast, ill see if I still have a pic on my phone of some old woman driving a brand new drop top Bently in some nasty ass freak snow and ice storm here :)

Or, a beautiful red Ferrari, like I saw a few days ago. And when I say "terrible road", this car was on some really bad ones. But man, was it ever fun to hear that thing roar!

I am from Southwestern Ohio .. yeah ... you see that there too .... but now living on the east coast, ill see if I still have a pic on my phone of some old woman driving a brand new drop top Bently in some nasty ass freak snow and ice storm here :)

Back
Top Bottom