MFC-Edit 5.3 Update Not Installing

I'm having this problem on Sierra. Is there a fix?
I think that there was a bug in pre-5.3 versions when installing the update. If you have 5.2 I know for sure that's a problem on Sierra but there are other situations that could cause that. Particularly if you have *no password* on the Admin account. Sorry to bore you with the "cause" - here's the quickest solution. Look in your home folder for another folder called "MFC-101". Inside that folder there will be a file called "mfc-edit-mac.zip" - it should have a date and time stamp from your last attempt to perform the update. Double-click that zipfile - it will unpack a file called "mfc-edit.dmg". Double-click that and follow the standard installation instructions. It should work. If it doesn't please open a support ticket and I'll help you out.
-G

That worked! Thanks.

How long does it usually take to get the license #?
I think the online store says 24 hours but its usually much quicker than that. You can run MFC-Edit 10 times with no license. But you can use the same license key you received with the original purchase. It is valid for all updates.

I just uploaded 5.3 this morning so you might have run into a download while I was tinkering. I'll take a quick look. Are you on MAC, Windows or LINUX?
Hi,
I’m trying to update to the lastest version but for some reason when I hit yes and it downloads but then the program crashes. I open it again and it does the same thing. update 7.2 is what I’m trying to update too.

Back
Top Bottom