I finally did it. Now what?

vick1000

Inspired
I traded in a bunch of gear to GC for an Ultra for $900. So what do I check when I get the bad boy? FW 11 of course, factory reset of course. Is there anything else to look out for, or to setup? I will be running into a Mesa Stereo 2:50 and Recto 412. I am coming off a GSP1101/Rectifier Rec. preamp, and play moslty modern metal on an RG852.

Will my Midisport Uno suffice to run Axe-edit, and which version is best for Win7x64?

Thanks in advance, I feel like Christmas is coming early this year :)

Well that's the Beta versions of Axe-Edit, I know there are older versions that are supposed to be "better" according to some users.

Well that's the Beta versions of Axe-Edit, I know there are older versions that are supposed to be "better" according to some users.

No, that is the latest for gen1. It was always listed as 'beta' for the Gen 1 units. It's been very stable for me.

Gday Vick,
Don't forget to back it up before you reset it - you never know, there may be some killer presets the old user created.

Thanks
Pauly

I traded in a bunch of gear to GC for an Ultra for $900. So what do I check when I get the bad boy? FW 11 of course, factory reset of course. Is there anything else to look out for, or to setup? I will be running into a Mesa Stereo 2:50 and Recto 412. I am coming off a GSP1101/Rectifier Rec. preamp, and play moslty modern metal on an RG852.

Will my Midisport Uno suffice to run Axe-edit, and which version is best for Win7x64?

Thanks in advance, I feel like Christmas is coming early this year :)

I will have mine Tues, thinking about getting Cab-Lab 3 too, for use as a vst in my DAW. I know it is not compatible as far as Ultra-Res Ir's being exported to the Ultra, but should work fine otherwise.

OK, got it today. Fired it up and the fan was hitting something. Took the lid off, and the fan was hanging by a single screw? No lose screws in the chassis anywhere. Strange for sure. Found a screw that will fit and fixed it for now. Orderd a couple of new fans to try, the stock is loud as hell.

Learning the interface now, Axe Edit works fine with the Midisport Uno. Getting some decent tones to start. One problem, when using stereo output setting on output 1, the L.channel is weaker than the R.channel. When it's set to sum or copy it's fine. Can't find anything online about it.

Learning more and more. Some of the advanced amp settings still apply when power sim is off. Speaker resonance bieng a big one to getting good response with my Mesa 2:50 and V12 loaded Traditional 412. So much more to learn and play with, I'm glad I have the next few days off work :D

Oh yeah, put a resistor on the fan for now, lots better.

Bought a pair of Resident Audio NF50 powere monitors from GC 15%off for $181. Class A/B, 40hz response, XLR, and level control only. No reviews out there that I can find, specs seem good, and simple design is a plus for me, hopfully they are flat.

Well, after a short session with the monitors, I will be selling my Mesa 2:50 and 412 :)

They make the Axe too fun to play with, and I don't have any plans on ever playing out, so at the most I would upgrade the monitors or get a full sized pair of wedges. The Axe really comes to life when you can mess with cab/power sims. These monitors are probably a little heavy on the bass, bieng rear ported, and heavily dependent on positioning, but they work for me. They have tons of low end for their size, they are deep, and well built. More volume than I would ever need in my space.

FRFR is certainly the strong point of the Axe, even though live amp/cab is also spectacular. Daddy's got a new toy kiddies, and he won't be able to spend much time with you in the near future :)

OK, GC had these on sale...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/JBL/5-I...21639.gc?source=4TP6M6BY&mscr=2064538_1126879

..for the same price as the Resident Audio pair I bought, so I took them back today and picked up the JBLs. The JBLs are much better due to the low/high cut filters, way less boomy and more "guitar amp" like. The red is a little corny, but that's what they had on site. Nice monitors at a great price. I don;t know how accurate they are, I don't do any recording as of right now.

Back
Top Bottom