AX8 edit connection issues while using other software.

maddnotez

Hello, I am brand new here and have come across an issue. I want to first say I am sorry if this has been covered but I could not find anything on the topic other than someone else having the same issue as me in another section of the forum with no reply.

I also want to add that while my issue involves Fractool and the other guy was having issues with Cab Lab I am aware that Fractal may not be affiliated with this other software. However, since these guys are providing an invaluable service that Fractal is not...I do feel that Fractal should either create their own thing or try to work with them to resolve any bugs.

Please let me know if there is something out there already that I am not aware of.

So anyway here is the isssue: I have a very hard time connecting to AX8 Edit while using Fractool. In theory, I should be able to just open them both, get a connection and rock but that is not the case for me.

In order for me to be able to get Fractool to convert a file and/or for AX8 Edit to establish a connection I have to open and close them both at random. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not but I find by opening and closing them both, one or the other, vice versa at random is the only way I can both establish a connection to AX8 Edit and also convert a file with Fractool.

I do use Chrome and will check later tonight (not with my AX8 at the moment).

Thank you,
If Chrome is running, it's not enough to just shut it down. On windows, look in the system tray. If you find the Chrome icon running there you need to right click and exit. The AX8 supports one USB MIDI connection. If any other software grabs that port, AX8-Edit will be unable to connect.

If Chrome is running, it's not enough to just shut it down. On windows, look in the system tray. If you find the Chrome icon running there you need to right click and exit. The AX8 supports one USB MIDI connection. If any other software grabs that port, AX8-Edit will be unable to connect.

Thanks for explaining, I was actually JUST thinking about this like wait a minute...These Softwares AX8 Edit, Etc are not running THROUGH Chrome they are standalone but now I get it.

I will disable this next time I am on. Appreciate the replies. Is there a preference of Browser or is IE the safest bet?

Chrome is fine, just shut it down (and any child processes) if you're having trouble getting the AX8 to connect to AX8-Edit or Fractal-Bot. You can re-start Chrome once the other software has comms established (at least, that seems fine on OS X here...not sure about Windows...)

Back
Top Bottom