What's the easiest way to set this up?

radvesse

Right,

So I've had my Axe FX Standard a bit over 6 years now and everything has been pretty great so far. Now that Microsoft rolled out their Windows 10 updates, Lexicon said fuck it and discontinued updates on their Omega soundcard. I am very, very bad with all the technical stuff and mostly just play for my own amusement at home. Since the soundcard is essentially down for the count, I am on the lookout for a new soundcard so I can continue using my Axe FX which I am very accustomed to. Replacing my Axe FX is unfortunately not an option.

What I need is to have my Axe FX linked up to my computer so I can record and monitor my guitar as well as listen to whatever is going on my computer be it Youtube, some video games or Spotify. Right now I have it set as follows:
RG1527
w/ TRS -> Axe FX Standard -> 2 XLRs from balanced output -> Lexicon Omega Mic 1 and 2 -> 2 TRSs from Line Out to my KRK Rokit 5s/USB to my computer.

Is it possible to switch the XLRs to TRSs from the unbalanced output to a new soundcard and still have it working? There's quite a bit of hiss and hum going on right now and I am not sure if it's the cables or a grounding issue. If it were a grounding issue, that'd be pretty bad since actually grounding my power sockets is not easy and I would much rather atleast try with different cables.

Also, what soundcard can I use? Focusrite Scarlett 6i6?

Any suggestions, questions and thoughts are very welcome.

Hahah see what I mean with the technicalities! I meant a normal guitar cable.

Also the url had a link to a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.

6i6 would work. Basically anything with the number of inputs you need would do the same thing.

Alright. For some reason I couldn't get any sound to come out when I tried unplugging the XLRs from the Axe FX as well as the Omega and replacing those with TRSs for the unbalanced output/Mic 1. Oh well, I'll try to 6i6 and see if that helps. Always got that 14 day return policy if it doesn't work out. :)

So?
did it work out?
I am using an ultra together with a 18i8 scarlett and 2 JBL monitors and it works very well

Back
Top Bottom