MFC Setup Help

TheJessMan

Hey all!
So I've been trying to setup my MFC 101 for my personal ease of use and I was wondering if anyone might be able to assist me with how to get everything working etc.

I have a majority of it working right but a few things I'm running into trouble programming etc.
I made a mock up of how I would like to have my switches set up if possible which is attached.

The external switches on the left basically are just for switching preset banks for each song.
I use both patches and scenes in songs. Patches are usually dramatic changes like heavy distortion to ambient clean, while scenes are things like particular patch effects.
I most likely could simplify and just use scenes (Programming a single patch per song and a few scenes for the changes in the song) but I haven't done so.

Everything is still in the air at the moment.
But the general idea is where I can have "Jam Patches" where i am able to access EVERY effect from the board when jamming writing with the band.

Then when it's time for gigs, I switch to each "Bank of 3 presets" for a particular song (lets just say they're - clean, twang, distortion)
This bank is what's displayed on the external switch.

Then the last would be a momentary modifier for each song/ patch. (delay freeze, pitch up etc.)

So can anyone say, is this even possible with the MFC?
and if so, how do I do it? (like I said, I could swap the "scene" and "patch" buttons if need be)

The other thing I'm not sure about is the Tap Tempo/ Tuner Function.
I have it set up this way and I have it displaying correctly. But my issue is that every time I click it the LED light turns on or off.
I would prefer it to be off all the time unless I hold to display the tuner. (alternatively if the LED was always off that would be acceptable as well)

I have the MFC programming software but I'm totally clueless on how to operate it. lol

Thanks fam!
Jesse

Attachments

• MFC Layout 2.jpg
    MFC Layout 2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
I'm not anywhere near my Axe FX at the moment (work always gets in the way) but one of the things you also might want to look into is how to setup a 'wildcard' IA. Not sure if you have done a search for this on the forum but there is a really helpful post from quite some time ago which explains it perfectly.

As regards having every effects block available for general jamming, you have to have that effect block in your preset chain to be able to turn it off and on via the MFC.

Sorry, but after reading your post twice I still don't understand your first question. (You lose me at "EVERY effect from the board".)

As for the second question, I can't imagine why your tap tempo switch has changed from momentary to latching. For the latter, are you using the built-in tap tempo Axe-Fx mode IA Switch assignment? Did you mess with IA Switch Momentary/Toggle settings?

Hey all, thanks for the replies and sorry for the confusion!

Let me elaborate a little more with some additional photos.

The "Jam Patch" as you can see has just about every effect on it at one time and I can toggle them on and off like I would be if I were running an amp with a bunch of pedals.
Jam patch.png

Then what I'll call a "Song Patch" would be a patch that is preprogrammed for a particular song.
I switch between over all clean/ dirty tones with the scenes function.
This particular patch has two sets of effects that I have linked to my expression pedals which I blend in. The red line is my distortion and the green is my clean.
Song patch.png

As for my tap/ tuner, I have relocated it to my "5" button on my MFC.
I believe I'm still using all the standard IA assignment stuff.
I know I've changed the momentary IA switch to be latching. So the LED will turn on and off, but it won't blink like it would when it was in the default "17" button.
Is this just the nature of how the unit has to work?

And is my initial setup picture even possible as far as the external switch goes?
For the life of me I cannot find anything on how to set up the external switches, let alone if I am able to have them always assigned to the external switch.
(That's why I mentioned I'm fine with swapping where I have my "Scenes" on my MFC and where I have my "Patches" on the external)
MFC Layout 2.jpg

I hope this makes a bit more sense!
Thank you again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom