Cab-Lab plugin AAX, VST (Mac)

:) Good news for us that use Cubase on MAC then... Can I ask why AAX isn´t in your plans, I mean AFAIK most professional studios use Protools.

Thanks
Hasse

Last edited:
I just bought the plugin, and then when unzipping, I see no AAX or RTAS version. WTF. I just flushed $50 bucks down the drain. I find it unfreakin' believable that you didn't do a Protools version......Seriously!@!!!!!! &^)#$&(*%)(_Q#*&$(^#Y)$(*&#Q)$^)Q#(*&YQ_

This was in the description on the web site. it was mentioned 2 times on the same page. No reason to be upset with Fractal. I would contact Fractal and see about a refund, not ask here on the forum.

"With this plugin version and a compatible plugin host, you can listen to mix changes in real time or process live or pre-recorded material. The Mac version is a 64-bit AU or VST plugin. The Windows version includes both 32-bit and 64-bit VST plugins."

MAC VERSION
  • Intel Processor
  • OSX 10.6 or higher (10.9 recommended for Axe-Fx II USB Audio.)
  • PLUGIN: 64-bit AU or VST capable host software.
WINDOWS VERSION
  • Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/Vista
  • PLUGIN: 64- or 32-bit VST capable host software

In this day and age, there should be no need to even look at that.....I don't want to get into my DAW is better than others, but Protools Dominates the DAW world in a professional environment. Maybe not the typical home studio.....Huge miss, huge miss. I'm far from being alone, a quick google on the subject, lots of folks out there with my opinion.

A bad decision, it really is that simple. I can understand AAX DSP not being an option. Disappointing to say the least....And Yes, I know there are third party plugins that allow AU and VST to be supported in Protools, but I hate work arounds.

In this day and age, there should be no need to even look at that.....I don't want to get into my DAW is better than others, but Protools Dominates the DAW world in a professional environment. Maybe not the typical home studio.....Huge miss, huge miss. I'm far from being alone, a quick google on the subject, lots of folks out there with my opinion.

A bad decision, it really is that simple. I can understand AAX DSP not being an option. Disappointing to say the least....And Yes, I know there are third party plugins that allow AU and VST to be supported in Protools, but I hate work arounds.

You could buy bluecats patchwork. It allows vsts in protools. I realize thats even more money but it is a nice plugin to have for the occasional program that doesn't support aax.

I've been trying to get a reply to a question I have also. I have not purchased cab lab because I have mix ir by redwirez. I really don't need to buy another ir mixer. I have found that cab lab lite can convert cab mixes from mixir to my ax8. Is there any advantage in the quality of how cab lab actually mixes? I realize it has a few options such as phase and trim but I'm not sure that is necessary for me. The main thing is I do not want to buy yet another program that does the same thing as what I already paid for. Any opinions? Experience in the two programs?

Mix IR cannot mix Ultra-Res 2.0 files. If you try to use any program out there currently to convert Ultra-res 2.0 format to WAV format and compare the converted WAV file to the original UR2.0 IR file, you will notice that the files do not sound remotely identical.

If you have a need to mix Ultra-res 2.0 files, then you will need to use Cab Lab or Cab Lab Lite.

If you are just planning on mixing Wav ir files, then Mix IR works well for that purpose.

come on please :(
fractal audio => professional tools used by so many people
pro tools => professional tools used by so many people
why no AAX link between these two guys ???

I'm not saying other DAWs are not professional, but pro tools IS, definitely, and moreover used by so many engineer using IR cabs in the same time...
are you definitely not for an AXX version for some reason we are not allowed to hear, or we can hope you will do it ?
I mean, ok you do not have plan to do it at this time, but is the door closed or not ?

many thanks;)
greg

Back
Top Bottom