Anyone get their invite to buy FX8?

FYI- I was on the original FX8 waiting list... Jan14th
Received invite an hour ago.... ordered and it has been Shipped!

Received one yesterday but puzzled because I have already bought one through a invite from them. Not upgrading so will decline. Wish it was a AX8 invite instead.

Seems like they are working through a week or two of backlog every business day. Assuming a more or less linear curve (hey, why not), I might get a chance to own one in 30-45 days or so. Knock on wood.

I wish that Fractal would at least say something like "nn on waiting list, nn in stock, nn coming in soon" so I had some idea of what's going down. Even Analog Mike does that much.

I received mine yesterday for the FX8 Mark 2. I already bought an FX 8 Mark 1 from Ebay 6 months ago because I couldn't wait any longer. I guess I will have to sell right now Mark 1 to get the money, but I don't know how long my purchase invitation will last, hope it's more than 1 week.

I received my invite today. I don't remember Signing up. I am not buying, i have the first version already

Thanks for responding everyone! I got on the list July 5th so looks like it will be a month or two before I get mine, cant wait!

I'm also under the impression that this is kind of a lateral move.
From the product page," In comparison to the original FX8, the new Mark II has an all-black aircraft aluminum bezel and end panels, improved top-panel silkscreen design, an 18dB instrument input pad option, and an even lower noise floor."

So yeah, other than improved noise floor and 18db of attenuation (that seems like a specialty feature, I certainly would never use it), they seem same substantially the same.

Curious in what you feel you gain by selling the first release FX8 just to buy the Mark 2 version since from what I see the most difference is color?

I'm a sucker for looks, I love the all-black aircraft aluminum bezel on the v2 and I use the scenes in the new printed layout order configuration. Other than that, yes, it's the same thing, I don't care for the other features. So, if I can sell it before my invitation expires, then great, if not, no problem at all!

I too tend to lean towards the all black look if had a choice between the two. I do own the original FX8 and it is already very quiet so this "upgrade" does not mean anything to me. But if given the option of buying one assembled in USA or one that some was done in China, I pick keeping my money home even if it cost a little more. Just my opinion and feelings but do try to understand why manufactures feel they must outsource to overseas to compete it just makes me somewhat sad. Also wish they would have not called the new version Mark II with so little change but this has already been discussed in another post.

Last edited:
I too tend to lean towards the all black look if had a choice between the two. I do own the original FX8 and it is already very quiet so this "upgrade" does not mean anything to me. But if given the option of buying one assembled in USA or one that some was done in China, I pick keeping my money home even if it cost a little more. Just my opinion and feelings but do try to understand why manufactures feel they must outsource to overseas to compete it just makes me somewhat sad. Also wish they would have not called the new version Mark II with so little change but this has already been discussed in another post.
So the MK II is assembled in China?

According to the post under "news" section where they say the FX8 Mark II now shipping it states final assembly has been moved to China. That is why the cost dropped. It also states quality is the same if not better. I just like to see jobs stay home but sure they have their reason.

Got mine today. I had a Mark I, so nothing earth shattering but the changes very nice. One thing that surprised me a bit was how much quieter it is in 4CM than my AX8. I also love being able to switch channels on my amp with the relay block.

Back
Top Bottom