Emulated fretless preset for bass?

dongzo

Experienced
Anybody got such a preset lying around?
I only got my good old jazzbass but need a fretless sound :)

cheers

+1

Kind of tricky to get this sound, though one time i mucked around with adding a synth block mixed in heavily with the high end rolled off my bass tone, and slightly detuned, and it started to get in the ballpark. Had to mess quite a bit with the synth tone and attack. That was back in the Ultra days, though. I think also that attaching an envlope modifier controller to a volume or level will help to soften the attack. Also, heavy compression can yield similar results, working with attack and release times.

I'd love to see something like the fretless emulators that can be found in the Zoom and Boss stomps. They're pretty effective and seem to be fairly standard in bass pedals these days.

I think a fretless bass cannot be emulated. Nothing beats the real thing. Just rip out the frets like Jaco!

This ^ something I've wanted to do for decades ... although I must confess I have been too much of a "kitty cat" to do this with my 1966 Pre-CBS Jazz Bass ... :stupid:

Yea, the one in my Boss GT8 is pretty usable... and it also sounds a little like a touch wah. Maybe attaching the envelope to a little bit of filter effect, plus some volume and detune, would get in the ballpark.

Yea, the one in my Boss GT8 is pretty usable... and it also sounds a little like a touch wah. Maybe attaching the envelope to a little bit of filter effect, plus some volume and detune, would get in the ballpark.

Aggree...the GT8 one is pretty ok. Maybe Ill just borrow one instead of messing around with the axe :)

I like the fretless sound from the GT8 a lot and use it for guitar, after getting the GT100 some years ago, I created a preset to put the sound from GT8 to GT100. Sounds like:

It works for single-notes as well as for chords and reacts very dynamically.
I would be very happy, if could have that sound now in the AX8
Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom