Upcoming: ML Sound USA Bass cab pack + presets

selta

Power User
Hellllllo everyone.
It's been quite a while since I've really visited here. Lately, I pretty much only come around if someone links me to something and asks me to give input on that. Truth be told, some of the attitude towards bass players (most especially "The table scraps you have is good enough" comments that are so very common) and general lack of interest in bass here have kept me away. I'm very active in other bass communities, locally, nationally and internationally where I can interact with more like minded people and spread the FAS word.

With all of that said... I brought myself back here today to give a tiny bit of a sneak peek at something that should be out very soon. ML Sound is releasing a cab pack, and it will also include quite a few good presets. I've spent some time with these presets, and am working through doing some short recording demos with them. I'll try to present an "out of the box" experience as best I can. Which, that experience is very good. These presets are very nicely done and are very good starting places to get good bass tone. They will take some tweaking to really nail down for your bass, but overall, I like them.

In fact, I like them enough that I feel these basically execute on something I've wanted to do (and talked about) for while - a refined and good set of bass presets that anyone can use. I haven't had time to finish my whole set (I have about 6 done). These certainly do a fantastic job.

As I mentioned, I'm going to do quick 60 - 90 second clips of these presets, which use ML's new bass cab IRs. Here is the first one, covering a couple of very familiar tunes:

I'm hoping to do at least one sample each week.

Thank you to ML Sound / Mikko for putting in some kick ass work for this. I've basically given up hope on getting some bass essentials in the Axe-Fx, but having releases like this come out is extremely exciting for me, especially when it's from a well-known company like ML Sound. I'm glad to see him, 3Sigma and Dr. Bonkers doing what they can to fill the void. There's still a long way to go, but we have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the effort Selta. I've been waiting and hoping for more bass stuff as well. Hope they translate well on a Spector Euro 4LX. It's my favourite bass (and the only one I've kept, damn hard economic times) but it's a "strange animal" that is completely different than any bass I've owned. I'll be checking out the cab pack for sure

I played my Euro 5LX (w/ HazLab clone) through the presets as well, and also my EBMM Bongo and EBMM Sterling 5 HH. It works well out of the box for each. They'll all require little touches to really dial in, but nothing drastic really. For me, part of it was getting used to no compression, as these presets have none (and, I freely admit, dialing in the compressor for bass on the Axe-Fx is a time consuming, non-trivial task).

Selta! I asked ML to contact you for this project. It would be killer if you also contributed some patches, whether they're included in the Cab Pack or you post them on Axe-Change. I very much value your input here! :D

Oh, I still intend on releasing some patches. I just feel that the pressure is lifted a bit on creating patches that cover a very wide variety of tones. I'm about 2 or 3 weeks away from closing on a new house, and after that I'll have my new home studio setup and will get really cranking on things! :) Thank you for getting ML and I hooked up! :D

Back
Top Bottom