AX8 Board layout

For those that are curious here are some pic's of the update that I decided to do to my board. I wasn't happy with the height of the buttons especially the top row so I decided to cut out the area underneath the AX8 and recess it.

This worked out really well and I like the overall effect and most importantly feel it has given. It no longer feels like I am getting ready to climb a flight of stairs when I go to step on a foot switch. The total amount the AX8 was lowered was 2.25" or 5.7 cm for the Metric guys :D. It also yielded a small place to put the power cord and a few XLR cables.

Still waiting on the 4E, latest info from Derrick is a few more weeks.

I have always preferred flat boards. I had a PT pro with my MFC and I almost lost balance a few times reaching for that tap tempo button. With the AX I would hate to have it inclined. Hitting the top row takes precision due to that metal bar. The incline would make it worse.

What is a 4E

For $259, and the ability to save room (have a smaller board), I'd say it's worth it.

Waiting until more reviews are in. Pete's video is great, as always.

For $259, and the ability to save room (have a smaller board), I'd say it's worth it.

Waiting until more reviews are in. Pete's video is great, as always.

I don't think there are too many out there or rather I haven't seen a whole lot of pic's or vids of this pedal. It's a little pricy but no more than some of the other popular offerings. I just wanted something that looked a little different and still be able to keep the board fairly compact in size while getting maximum functionality!

I would love to just screw everything into a board instead of velcro but just feel like there is to many holes that need to be perfectly lined up

The easy button way of doing this is to use a piece of wax paper.

Remove the screws on the piece of equipment, cut the paper in the shape of the piece you are going to attach, lay the paper over it then carefully poke holes in the paper using a blunt pencil or ballpoint pen making sure you don't penetrate to far into the equipment.

Now you have a perfect template to use for hole layout on the board!

Can't believe I am getting replies today on a 2month old post. I started using dual lock been real happy so far

Back
Top Bottom