Faslink question...

somata

Inspired
Ok, if I want to use the Faslink/XLR cable with my Axe FX 2 Mark 1 and MFC Mark 2...I need the XA-2 on the MFC end and the XA-1 on the Axe FX end...correct?

MFC-101, Mark 2 >>> XA-2 >>> XA-1 >>> Axe FX 2, Mark 1

Also, is there a good source to get short (like 3" and 6") ethereon or ethernet cables?

Yes ... you'll need both the XA-1 and XA-2 adapters with a AFII Mk1 and MFC MkII

As for short ethernet/ethercon cables ...... not sure where best to source them .... but there are plenty of results coming up on Google for RJ45 ->RJ45 ethernet patch cables - standard network cables used in data cabinets etc.

You can convert one end of the RJ45 cables to ethercon by getting a couple of housings like in link here (search term 'Neutrik EtherCON Cable Connector Carriers' for a more local stockist to you)

I would suggest permanently mounting the XA-2 on a pedalboard beside the MFC then even a normal short rj45 - rj45 Cat5 or Cat6 patch cable would do the job.

Then you can leave the ethernet cable permanently plugged into the MFC expansion port then you'll not be putting undue wear and tear on the port socket. Ethernet ports are not the most robust things and generally have a longer lifespan when you don't keep inserting/removing the cable.

The same goes on the other end - I would suggest that, if at all possible, you mount the XA-1 permanently in your rack somewhere and leave it's ethernet cable 'tail' permanently plugged into the Axe-FX 'MFC' port.

Last edited:
Yes ... you'll need both the XA-1 and XA-2 adapters with a AFII Mk1 and MFC MkII

As for short ethernet/ethercon cables ...... not sure where best to source them .... but there are plenty of results coming up on Google for RJ45 ->RJ45 ethernet patch cables.

You can convert one end of the RJ45 cables to ethercon by getting a couple of housings like in link here

I would suggest permanently mounting the XA-2 on a pedalboard beside the MFC then even a normal short rj45 - rj45 Cat5 or Cat6 patch cable would do the job.

Then you can leave the ethernet cable permanently plugged into the MFC expansion port then you'll not be putting undue wear and tear on the port socket. Ethernet ports are not the most robust things and generally have a longer lifespan when you don't keep inserting/removing the cable.

The same goes on the other end - I would suggest that, if at all possible, you mount the XA-1 permanently in your rack somewhere and leave it's ethernet cable 'tail' permanently plugged into the Axe-FX 'MFC' port.

Thanks! That's what I thought but wanted to confirm before ordering...I have the XA-2 already, will likely pick up the XA-1 in the next week or so (just running a midi cable at the moment. Plan is definitely to mount them on the board and in the rack...

Back
Top Bottom