Hyper Planet

Power User
Hey guys this is a short journey into my daily practice in alternate picking land with my Boy RG1820X loaded with BNP-Juggernauts, 98% of times I'm using plugins for practicing, My blacky box is resting :)

what about you guys, are you using Axe-Fx for your daily practicing ?

I dunno anything about Troy terminology but I'm interested to watch his videos and learn some stuff, well here's a thing I believe there's so many different ways of playing you know I've seen guys play like with all elbow and it sounds amazing or with bending thumb, I mean for me is primarily to keep my thumb straight without bending it and the rest my pinky under bridge pickup so it's kinda like you know gives me a nice sorta of base, sometimes between certain speed my thump kinda does that like bending, but there's a way you can work on that :).

in this exercise I played sixteenth notes triplets alternate picking with some string skipping movements,
so there's some tricky stuff in order to doing this Alternate picking/String skipping correctly without losing metronome clicks ;).

Last edited:
If you are serious about picking technique, Troy Grady stuff is required and imo highly recommended. Just don't neglect other areas of practice. Nothing worse than a really fast guitar player that knows nothing else. I used to be there so take it from me ;)

I usually use one of my two Fractals. I find it difficult to compromise my lifestyle now that I've become accustomed to a certain level of (tone) luxury.

If you are serious about picking technique, Troy Grady stuff is required and imo highly recommended. Just don't neglect other areas of practice. Nothing worse than a really fast guitar player that knows nothing else. I used to be there so take it from me ;)

Troy is a good analyzer or cracking the code on electric guitar techniques, but He's not is my league.

Troy is a good analyzer or cracking the code on electric guitar techniques...
Agreed. He's great at analyzing technique. But he could radically shorten his videos without losing anything. He spends five minutes building up to a discovery, then he presents his discovery. Then he spends another five minutes building up to a discovery...and it's the same discovery. Repeat for half an hour. If he trimmed the fat off of his videos, I think he'd have more followers.

I consider his vids to be part entertainment so I don't mind the length. I think the big item was how pick slanting frees the pick to switch strings on certain strokes depending on which way you're slanting, everything else is just supporting material.

Back
Top Bottom