Axe Fx Ultra Reamping?

Traitors9991

Hello Everyone, I've been trying to figure out how to go about doing this for weeks now.
This is my first Axe FX and previously I was using Pod HD Pro, which I just resent the signal back into for reamping.
I've scoured the internet trying to figure this out and most of the videos are presented with an Axe FX II which has USB support.

Currently, this is my setup.
Guitar -> Axe Ultra Instrument
Axe Ultra MIDI Out -> to Focusrite Scarlette 2i4 MIDI in for Axe Edit recognition.
Axe Ultra Balanced out -> Focusrite Scarlette In via XLR (the front of the unit) to hear instrument.
Focusrite Scarlette 2i4 Balanced Out -> Monitors unbalanced input via 1/4.
If i remove the XLR cables from either the Axe or 2i4. I hear no instrument sound, but Axe edit still shows the Axe connected.
IMG_8039.jpg IMG_8040.jpg IMG_8041.jpg
I've tried adding an FX loop to my chain, changing the input in the I/O to rear input and sending a 1/4 cable from one of 2i4 outputs to the corresponding FX input in the back of the Axe FX, but when i record a track in reaper, it does not pick up the Axe Fx.
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 5.21.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 5.21.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 5.22.08 PM.png

I feel like I'm just missing something obvious or I'm not setting something up right.
I have a full project in reaper with all my DI tracks ready for reamping and I would appreciate any help in the slightest. I am willing to change secondary devices too if that makes my life easier, but I'd rather not.

Back
Top Bottom