Victory V30 and FX8

Vaiai

Hi, I have an FX8 incoming and pretty excited about it :) One thing I want to determine is who else uses the unit with a Victory V30 and what setting do I use for the channel switching relay? Do I also use a standard cable or TRS?

I have searched and found some mention of the V30 but no definitive answer from a fellow owner.
Looking forward to my time with the FX8 and especially gigging it!

Hi, I have an FX8 incoming and pretty excited about it :) One thing I want to determine is who else uses the unit with a Victory V30 and what setting do I use for the channel switching relay? Do I also use a standard cable or TRS?

I have searched and found some mention of the V30 but no definitive answer from a fellow owner.
Looking forward to my time with the FX8 and especially gigging it!
not the owner of a V30, but the manual indicates there is a single 1/4 inch TS for a "single way latching footswitch"

you may be able to get away with running a TS (instrument) cable and using the "tip" setting to control the channel. if you're not using the relays for anything else i'd try with a ts cable and see if it meets your needs.

A third party tried to post this information. For whatever reason, his post was blocked. I am posting it here for him:

"I have a Victory V45 (the combo version of the V30 - great amps by the way) and use a relay output for channel switching. It works a treat. Victory footswitches use “short-to-sleeve” type switching. They are just simple latching footswitches and work fine. I use a TRS cable and, if I remember correctly, the settings are:
Tip = Clean / Reverb
Off = Dirty / Reverb
Both = Clean / No reverb
Ring = Dirty / No reverb

The V30 doesn't have reverb, so your options will of course be different. Email support at Victory for a definitive answer - they are very helpful."

I have a V30 and an FX8. I use a TRS lead to switch channels, I bought from designacable on Ebay (if you live in the UK). Great cables and quick delivery.

I am really pleased with the two units, the only thing that I have struggled with is getting a really good boost to cut through when playing live. I love the V30, superb amp.

My FX8 finally arrived after a 3 week wait when the couriers lost it in transit...Anyway only had an hour with it 4CM but trying the TS cable tonight to make sure it switches as expected! Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom