Can't see where I am!

I am new to Fractal but love it so far. But my only peeve is I can't see what bank and present I am on when I look down. I wish it had a larger font on the BANK and PRESET numbers OR am I missing something????

Posted a "complaint" about this just this week. Heard rumor that Fractal might have a solution to this coming, but not certain if that's true yet.

I am new to Fractal but love it so far. But my only peeve is I can't see what bank and present I am on when I look down. I wish it had a larger font on the BANK and PRESET numbers OR am I missing something????
It's because your guitar is in the way .... put it down and everything is fine ;)

Ya, getting older sucks. My eyes have always been really good. Now I need readers and glasses when driving at night. LOL!

I hope they will give us the option to not have the footswitch labels on the display or make them smaller, in my case they are always the same so I really don't need them on the display and that would leave plenty of room for the bank and preset names in a large font that can be read standing up.

Big Yes.
Display and Play Modes are not that good.
I mentioned this several times before in th wishes and bugs corner of the forum.
Th Boss GT series is in this point Way better....

It just needs to be reversed. The blocks could be much smaller and the bank and preset name and their numbers larger. But there are ways to work around this I guess. Like setting up set list and only
Any of the buttons can be used for bank up\down... Why not just get a labeler and make your own labels

well getting there isnt a big deal its if youre trying to see where you are lol

The handling of this unit for a non stomp box user is kind of frustrating sometimes.
Its such a fundamental thing to have large numbers and patch names,
Direct selection of all 8 patches and bank up and down with only one switch.

Scenes and stomp box mode could be accessable with long preesing of a switch, or using double click function.
There are so many ways out there, to solve this.
I hope there will soln be a bigger update to fix that.
I am torn apart - i love the better handling of the axe 2 with the mfc 101, but on the other hand you have the instant accesses for bass middle treble, and so on and the compact design of the ax8......

I think they want to be able to read all the patch names in the current bank, not just the selected preset.

Personally, I don't want them to change a thing in the display. It is OK to add different but the current functionality is perfect for me. I never switch presets with my feet (Ax8 is hooked up to iPad), but I need to be able to see the footswitch assignments in the display.

Actually, I hope they change the block designations, so the two filter blocks are not both designated FIL - but that's a different story.

I think they want to be able to read all the patch names in the current bank, not just the selected preset.

Personally, I don't want them to change a thing in the display. It is OK to add different but the current functionality is perfect for me. I never switch presets with my feet (Ax8 is hooked up to iPad), but I need to be able to see the footswitch assignments in the display.

Actually, I hope they change the block designations, so the two filter blocks are not both designated FIL - but that's a different story.
Ipad are you using it as some kind of a midi switcher? I heard you shouldnt use AX8 EDIT live.

I just want to see the bank number more clearly - I think that's where a few of us struggle when changing bank, it's hard to tell if you are on the right one leading to some unexpected patch changes.
When the big preset name appears if it also had the bank number there then gigs would be easier.

Back
Top Bottom