Prs Bernie Marsden Suhr Aldrich pickups....layed back track.

Beautiful. I have Aldriches in my Schecter C1-FR wired for split coil and serial/parallel with push pull pots. Love the pickups.

Lovely stuff Ian! I'm using my Bernie with Aldriches on a show for the first time at the moment and loving it.

Have you had the nut replaced on yours? I'm not sure the one on mine is very well cut and I've heard it's the first upgrade a lot of people do on Bernies.

Lovely stuff Ian! I'm using my Bernie with Aldriches on a show for the first time at the moment and loving it.

Have you had the nut replaced on yours? I'm not sure the one on mine is very well cut and I've heard it's the first upgrade a lot of people do on Bernies.

Hey Pitmonkey,

Yeah i swapped it out for a Tusq......other than that a the pickups it's stock. Tbh i never had a problem with the nut, but as you say everyone seems to swap it and its a cheap swap.

They sound great in that guitar don't they !

Yeah, I thought it looked like you had changed it as your nut is black whereas the originals are cream. The only reason I think mine might not be cut properly is that when is set the truss rod to the relief that I want there's a buzz on the G, which leads me to think the slot might be a bit deep.

As you say, a cheap fix so I'll probably get it swapped once this gig finishes. With the Aldrich pickups it's an astonishing amount of guitar for not a lot of money. I'm using it with my Fender Blues Deluxe and pedals on this show and it absolutely screams!

Yeah, I thought it looked like you had changed it as your nut is black whereas the originals are cream. The only reason I think mine might not be cut properly is that when is set the truss rod to the relief that I want there's a buzz on the G, which leads me to think the slot might be a bit deep.

What do you have your relief set at?

Yeah, that's probably the same as mine. Just a shade off straight.

Normally I find that it's the top e that buzzes first if there's too little relief, which is why I suspect the nut in this case.

It's pretty straight mate, a little bit of bow.

The action has always been pretty low............got a set of 10ns on it.

Put a capo on the first fret, hold the lowest string down at the 17th fret (or where the heel of the neck starts coming out. It's usually the 17th fret), and use a feeler gauge to check the relief at the 7th fret. You generally want 12 thousandths of an inch, so use the .012 feeler gauge. It should just slide under the string at the 7th fret without pushing it up or having any clearance. Once the neck relief is set correctly, then see if you're still having a problem with the 1st fret. StewMac recommends a string height of .024 on the low side and .010 on the high side, so you can check those with feeler gauges as well and see where you stand with that.

I was thinking of getting one but I really don't like the feel of a tele neck with small frets. I was thinking of building one with Warmth body and wizard style neck and putting the same pups in. What are your thoughts on that?

I was thinking of getting one but I really don't like the feel of a tele neck with small frets. I was thinking of building one with Warmth body and wizard style neck and putting the same pups in. What are your thoughts on that?

The neck is super chunky indeed, but i dont mind switching necks. I play an Ibanez as well so u cant get much different. The fret wire jumbo unlike normal Tele.

Back
Top Bottom