Wish Scene Names on Screen in Scene Mode

adding scene names would probably require a huge change in how things work in the axe, memory allocation, display development, Edit-development. i would guess it would take a while to see something like this, even if they begin developing it.

I kinda like the idea of scene names but I work with one preset per tune and choose my presets in order of their appearance in the song. This way I always start at scene 1 and progress along with the changes in tone dictated by the song. Some songs require me to backtrack but by that time I remember what each scene does.

I kinda like the idea of scene names but I work with one preset per tune and choose my presets in order of their appearance in the song. This way I always start at scene 1 and progress along with the changes in tone dictated by the song. Some songs require me to backtrack but by that time I remember what each scene does.

Yes I know what you mean. I have tried that also but ran into the limitations of scenes. They require you use the same blocks and blockposition. I often need another mix of blocks when going from intro to a verse or verse to solo.

Yes I know what you mean. I have tried that also but ran into the limitations of scenes. They require you use the same blocks and blockposition. I often need another mix of blocks when going from intro to a verse or verse to solo.
Different blocks and routing...that's called a preset.

Different blocks and routing...that's called a preset.

yes scenes are just light presets :) I prefer presets but still am trying to find a way to be able to use a bank with presets for every song part (intro, verse, solo etc) that are accessible with just ONE switch action WHILE having the 'to go to' preset information visible. The banklist thing is an improvement. Now need a way to access my 8 presets in a bank with just one step. Now I need two steps. Go to list and select, go to list and select etc.

yes scenes are just light presets :) I prefer presets but still am trying to find a way to be able to use a bank with presets for every song part (intro, verse, solo etc) that are accessible with just ONE switch action WHILE having the 'to go to' preset information visible. The banklist thing is an improvement. Now need a way to access my 8 presets in a bank with just one step. Now I need two steps. Go to list and select, go to list and select etc.
There are a number of ways to do that. PRESET UP/DOWN, STICKY PRESET, BANK UP/DOWN...

There are a number of ways to do that. PRESET UP/DOWN, STICKY PRESET, BANK UP/DOWN...

Today I finally found my ideal setup! I now set p1 to p8 global and then in sticky preset/bank mode the new preset list (v3.02) remains in the screen at all times. So I see 8 presets with their names in the screen and I can switch to each of them with just one click(large preset name turned off) This is what I was looking for this is it!

Today I finally found my ideal setup! I now set p1 to p8 global and then in sticky preset/bank mode the new preset list (v3.02) remains in the screen at all times. So I see 8 presets with their names in the screen and I can switch to each of them with just one click(large preset name turned off) This is what I was looking for this is it!
If you're using Stick Preset mode, there's no need to assign global footswitches to see the eight preset names.

I don't need it anymore I got used to the presets. Just need to practice the preset changing during a song as there is a significant audio gap while swithcing from one preset to another.
Still amazed by it's features and the sound though. Renaming the scenes would make it almost perfect I guess. And xlr outputs instead of jack. Sometimes my jack jumps out of the socket when the soundguy walks on stage.
Renaming the scenes wouldnt be that hard to develop. Just go from S1 to IN, CH, BR,OU,SO (intro, chorus, bridge etc)

It would also be helpful if you could customise the footswitch names displayed when on the FS homepage instead of having to put up with the generic "DRV" for example.

I'm currently trying an FX8 to compare it with my Line 6 Helix and while the sounds are definitely better on the FX8 the user interface can make life very very difficult by comparision.

If I have 4 drive pedals in a chain it can be hard to remember what's what. likewise with other FX blocks. There are so many delay models and to just have DLY displayed makes it impossible to remember what's what between multiple presets.

If we could rename them it'd be great, even if there's only space for 3 characters. eg: "808', "RAT", "P90", "UNI", "TPE", "MEM". (Half size font and 6 characters would be even better)

Back
Top Bottom