AXE FX II presets into ULTRA?

Ehem!
Always there's a way...
But obviously the patches can't mimic 100% the exact thing, in Ultra you don't have all the amps, the X/Y thing, the scenes....
but for catch the idea of a Gen2 preset and translate to your "old" ultra you have a little aplication from user CyberFerret:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/54638-axe-fx-ii-preset-report-generator.html

Download an Axe2 preset, open axe reporter, select preset and click the "print PDF" button, it generates a report of the preset parameters and you can manually replicate it in your oldie.

Grab a beer, mess with the buttons and use your ears!

:encouragement:

Now with Fractool and his ability for generate a PDF report is more easy than ever...and you can see all the new parameters that come with firmware updates

Last edited:
I own (and love) both units (II mk2,Ultra). It is absolutely NOT worth the effort to try to convert entire amp tones/signal chains. For individual FX blocks some settings can translate very well (delay times, etc). For the most part you are wasting your time if you think you are going to cop tones from one to another, though.

The sad thing also is that I cant match my ultra tones with my AX8.
Anyone knows if there is a way to export the Ultra cabs to use in Ax8?

Globally trying to duplicate patches would be a pain but in reality how many presets do we use? I have a few goto faves and a few specialty presets. I bought a tutorial that Cooper did on the XL. His preset was to die for. I took screenshots of it's construction and settings. I replicated those the best I could on my Ultra and it sounds stellar. This is now my live goto covering probably 50% of my needs.

Point being whatever you discover on the newer FAS models are at least worth the experimentation on the older models.

Back
Top Bottom