Scene controllers...pretty cool!

Gonwild

Inspired
I never knew this feature existed, and just thought scenes were good for turning multiple blocks on/off. Well they are in the AX8 as well, and what a nice tool to have! (I completely overlooked this being mentioned briefly in the manual) So much that can be done just within a single preset now... different settings in different scenes. I configured the amp drive to give me 30% gain in one scene and 80% gain in the next. A small amout of delay in one scene, and more scene 2. So many possibilities on this device! For those that didn't know about this feature, I highly recommend checking it out :)

I never knew this feature existed, and just thought scenes were good for turning multiple blocks on/off. Well they are in the AX8 as well, and what a nice tool to have! (I completely overlooked this being mentioned briefly in the manual) So much that can be done just within a single preset now... different settings in different scenes. I configured the amp drive to give me 30% gain in one scene and 80% gain in the next. A small amout of delay in one scene, and more scene 2. So many possibilities on this device! For those that didn't know about this feature, I highly recommend checking it out :)

Hi any chance would you be willing to walk me through how you did this? I've had my AX8 less than a week and am learning more and more each day with it, and haven't gotten up to this point, but this was EXACTLY what I was trying to do today without using AMP X and AMP Y to get different levels of gain from the same amp model. Please? :) ERIC

Hi any chance would you be willing to walk me through how you did this? I've had my AX8 less than a week and am learning more and more each day with it, and haven't gotten up to this point, but this was EXACTLY what I was trying to do today without using AMP X and AMP Y to get different levels of gain from the same amp model. Please? :) ERIC

I suggest "http://axefxtutorials.com/" tutorials man, he explains that really well!

I just found a section where he's explaining Scene Controllers for the Axe-FX II. Is it exactly the same for the AX8, or is that in another area there? I'll get a chance to check it out later today hopefully. Thanks for the info! Eric

It is very similar. To be honest, I think it is quite intuitive if you use the AX8-Edit. In the unit is not that much, but doable :D

It is very similar. To be honest, I think it is quite intuitive if you use the AX8-Edit. In the unit is not that much, but doable :D

Not using ax8-edit , as I really need /want to learn to do all of my programming/editing on the ax8 itself, because if something goes awry at my gigs, I won't have ax8-edit there! I will use it though AFTER I learn to do the stuff hands-on first :) Thanks again ,Eric

Not using ax8-edit , as I really need /want to learn to do all of my programming/editing on the ax8 itself, because if something goes awry at my gigs, I won't have ax8-edit there! I will use it though AFTER I learn to do the stuff hands-on first :) Thanks again ,Eric

Then I strongly suggest again AxeFxTutorials for the AX8. The "beginner" one that is already available is all in the device itself. It is really well explained :D

I like scene controllers, and I have used them a bit, but I must say that at this stage, I prefer using filter blocks in front and after the amp block in order to control the amp gain level.
I think it is a more intuitive way, and I find that it is easier to edit my presets this way.

Yep i got into scene controllers for a while too and they're cool. But i'm now using filter blocks before and after the amp block to vary amp gain.I like this setup more coz it gives me a 2 stages of gain plus solo volume boost inside one preset with the same fx.

Back
Top Bottom