Axe-Edit 3.7.1 Released

OK.. not sure of the issue, but try this.

start up a command (CMD) prompt and "run as administrator"..
Navigate to the Axe-Edit folder using the command line. Make sure you are IN the Axe-Edit folder..
Then run 'DEL *.*' inside the folder..
Once done, exit and try the install again..

View attachment 32203

Hi,
I get a command prompt as admin, but it won't let me navigate to C:
It always says "C:\WINDOWS\system 32>"
It won't let me navigate to any other folders..

OK.. not sure of the issue, but try this.

start up a command (CMD) prompt and "run as administrator"..
Navigate to the Axe-Edit folder using the command line. Make sure you are IN the Axe-Edit folder..
Then run 'DEL *.*' inside the folder..
Once done, exit and try the install again..

View attachment 32203

Bad news first:
Couldn't get a CMD prompt to work,in Admin, I couldn't get to C: it only lets you go from C:\WINDOWS\System 32>

Now the good news:
After messing around with that for 10 minutes, I thought, screw it, have another go at an install...and it worked! What the heck was all that about then? Yikes! Anyway it's all good now. Thank you so much for helping me out with this, even though it kinda solved itself somehow.

Cheers,

Bad news first:
Couldn't get a CMD prompt to work,in Admin, I couldn't get to C: it only lets you go from C:\WINDOWS\System 32>

Now the good news:
After messing around with that for 10 minutes, I thought, screw it, have another go at an install...and it worked! What the heck was all that about then? Yikes! Anyway it's all good now. Thank you so much for helping me out with this, even though it kinda solved itself somehow.

Cheers,
a simple
CD "\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit"
on the command line should have taken you there...

Anyway.. you are working now.. :)

Uninstall current versions (everything, drivers etc) with windowscleaner, sth went wrong in your registry. Then restart and reinstall AE + the drivers. Should work.

Back
Top Bottom