Free Bank of Presets for AX8, Clean to Lead with extras!

I tested for a short while and I like a lot of what I hear. I'll try tweaking some lower gain sounds when I get a chance.

I tried the 2 source patches and I think the piezo sounds pretty good. I noticed that the input 2 doesn't mute when you turn on the tuner. Is there a way to mute input 2 when tuning? It could be useful as is when going from an acoustic only part to adding in the electric by hitting the tuner footswitch instead of flipping a switch on the guitar.

Thanks

I tested for a short while and I like a lot of what I hear. I'll try tweaking some lower gain sounds when I get a chance.

I tried the 2 source patches and I think the piezo sounds pretty good. I noticed that the input 2 doesn't mute when you turn on the tuner. Is there a way to mute input 2 when tuning? It could be useful as is when going from an acoustic only part to adding in the electric by hitting the tuner footswitch instead of flipping a switch on the guitar.

Thanks
i just set the Tuner itself to mute output. page over while viewing the tuner, change the mute option, be sure to go back to actual tuner page.

Thanks. Made a donation. Some cool stuff here. I also use hybrid guitars (Parker, PRS, Hamer, Fender) often so the dual setups are nice.

The dual patches I set up on my Helix are more complex since I use a studio tube preamp (amp block), acoustic ir, separate delay, separate reverb, separate chorus, L.A. Studio compressor and others on just the piezo side, but I'll have to compare to see if there's enough difference. The main thing I'm trying to do is reduce the piezo quack which I can do with the tube preamp block and/or i.r. Is there anything on the Helix we could use in a dual path setup to reduce the piezo quack? EQ? Or maybe just run the piezo through a TC BodyREZ pedal?

Don't have my invite yet, but I appreciate your sharing these and I will for sure check them out when the blessed event occurs.

Thanks. Made a donation. Some cool stuff here. I also use hybrid guitars (Parker, PRS, Hamer, Fender) often so the dual setups are nice.

The dual patches I set up on my Helix are more complex since I use a studio tube preamp (amp block), acoustic ir, separate delay, separate reverb, separate chorus, L.A. Studio compressor and others on just the piezo side, but I'll have to compare to see if there's enough difference. The main thing I'm trying to do is reduce the piezo quack which I can do with the tube preamp block and/or i.r. Is there anything on the Helix we could use in a dual path setup to reduce the piezo quack? EQ? Or maybe just run the piezo through a TC BodyREZ pedal?
thanks! much appreciated :)

on the Axe-Fx II, i used a Multi-Band comp, and an IR in addition to the EQ. at one point, it got way too processed sounding for me, and i killed the IR. sounded much better for actual dynamic playing.

i still miss the MBC on the AX8, but i'm getting results from the normal Comp block. for the piezo quack, i just notch it out using the PEQ block. you'll probably have to move the bands in my preset/block around to find yours. i just boost it all the way, sweep the frequency and kill the most offending ones.

it's funny, i do so many gigs with the guitar plugged straight to the mixer and just use that EQ, and it sounds great. then i plug into the AX8 or Axe and try to make it so complicated. now i treat the AX8 the same as i would the mixer, maybe a bit more processing, and i'm getting better results. :) of course everyone's needs and situation is different.

it's funny, i do so many gigs with the guitar plugged straight to the mixer and just use that EQ, and it sounds great. then i plug into the AX8 or Axe and try to make it so complicated. now i treat the AX8 the same as i would the mixer, maybe a bit more processing, and i'm getting better results. :) of course everyone's needs and situation is different.

For my acoustic only gigs, I just run whatever I take (often cheapo Crafter SAs, sometimes higher end Taylor or Martins with Aura, last time the PRS HB1, sometimes Parker) into a TC Play Electric and run the signal through it's "acoustic" amp sim (part of the BodyRez), then add a little delay and reverb and maybe I put a compressor on there.... Really basic. I figure if I'm running through the high end processing of my Helix or FX8 I'll see if I can make it sound more real. :) But I struggle with the acoustic IRs as they sound kind of hollow and never sound like a mic and a real acoustic to me.

But I struggle with the acoustic IRs as they sound kind of hollow and never sound like a mic and a real acoustic to me.
same here. i liked it for a while, but then i turned it off one day and was like oh there's the dynamics i've been trying to get with the compressor... i think for recordings, IRs on top of a piezo or real acoustic works, but for live, it chokes the sound or changes it too much.

Chris, man very cool, watched this thru and dig the presets and thanks for sharing. I don't have my AX8 yet, but this is awesome and I really appreciate you sharing. Very , very, cool
Dane

so I thought you had to use the same effects and amp for all scenes, just change their statuses from scene to scene.......duh

I guess I read the manual wrong and never tried past that. I thought all scenes within a preset had to use the same effects and amp, etc., that the scene only changed which of these were on and off. Back to the drawing board eh!

I thought all scenes within a preset had to use the same effects and amp, etc., that the scene only changed which of these were on and off.
they do (in addition to XY and a few other small things).

i'm changing presets primarily, offering a bank of 8 Presets.

I thought you were changing scenes within 1 preset? No?
i am also doing that.

there are 8 presets, AFT Clean, AFT Effect Clean ... AFT Lead. those are all presets. i am using the Preset selector on the left of AX8-Edit to choose different presets.

within those presets, i've designed various Scenes, using the Scene selector on the right of AX8-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom