Axe-Edit 3.5.1 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

Axe-Edit 3.5.1 has been released through our web site.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Axe-Fx II XL and Axe-Fx II XL+ blocks can now be imported into the Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II.

Please note: The Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II does not have X/Y switching for the Compressor, Gate/Expander, Graphic EQ, Mixer, Parametric EQ, or Tremolo/Panner blocks. Importing the aforementioned blocks into an Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II will only import the X settings.

Wow, that's a great feature!!

Any chance you could get AxeEdit to automatically apply the cab offset of AxeFX Mk1/2 presets into the XL/XL+? It seems like it might be quite easy now that it can distinguish between the different models.

Some say importing xl presets on the II also works, is it true?

Edit : was a bad rumor on fb

Last edited:
Please note: The Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II does not have X/Y switching for the Compressor, Gate/Expander, Graphic EQ, Mixer, Parametric EQ, or Tremolo/Panner blocks. Importing the aforementioned blocks into an Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II will only import the X settings.

Wait a minute... since when did the XL's get X/Y Compressor and Gate blocks!!! I don't recall ever reading this before on here (and I'm on here every day).

If true, looks like there will be another mint MKI for sale soon ;)

Wait a minute... since when did the XL's get X/Y Compressor and Gate blocks!!! I don't recall ever reading this before on here (and I'm on here every day).

If true, looks like there will be another mint MKI for sale soon ;)

The comp block has been X/Y since day 1 of the XLs. I assume the gate has been too but I don't normally use it.

And please don't flood the MKI market!o_O

Awesome! Thanks guys!

Whatever happened to Axe-Change being implemented under the TOOLS menu in Axe-Edit? There was a video posted to FAS's Facebook page back in October I think...

It'll be a few hours until I can play with this, but let's see if I have this correctly. I can download a XL/XL+ preset into Axe-Edit and extract the blocks into my block libraries, then reconstruct the preset from the individual blocks in Axe-Edit?
Is there an even faster way than that?
Could you perhaps write a purple dinosaur friendly procedure for us?
Subbed.

It'll be a few hours until I can play with this, but let's see if I have this correctly. I can download a XL/XL+ preset into Axe-Edit and extract the blocks into my block libraries, then reconstruct the preset from the individual blocks in Axe-Edit?
Is there an even faster way than that?
Could you perhaps write a purple dinosaur friendly procedure for us?
Subbed.
No, you'll need a buddy with an xl to extract the blocks first :(

Back
Top Bottom