Original XL "Secret Stash" Sale

The XL+s are listed as out of stock. Is that correct? Is that just until the XLs are sold through? Or are you truly out? If so - what is the wait time?

Also - the only downside I see to the XL deal for me is that all the XL+ presets won't work on it since as far as I can tell all the various models are backwards compatible only with presets. Since I'm not a good tweaker other user preset availability is important to me. Thoughts on that? Am I looking at it the right way?

I think we have some but the sales guys forgot to update the inventory (again). I'll yell at them tomorrow ;) Check back then.

No.

Preset compatibility (within the XL family at least) is firmware-based, not unit-based. Every XL preset works on every XL+, and the other way 'round, as long as they're on the same firmware 'major release' - i.e. v18, Quantum, etc.

Ok - this is really important to me - so - just double confirming this is correct - XL+ presets will work on the XL?

If the XL is on the same firmware as the XL+ was, when the presets were created (or last modified) - yes.

There are no significant differences between the two, functionally speaking.

So tempted to do the upgrade...my current Axe II does fine for me, but I haven't yet gotten into buying cab packs and I want to. I wonder how quickly the 100 slots become an issue. Trying to decide if it's worth the few hundred net it'd probably cost me to buy this and sell the original...sigh. Tough choices!!!

Fantastic deal. Got one last week - got shipping confirmation within 2 hours of ordering! Looks like only three left as of now.

Heh. Someone on Reverb is scalping a couple of these for $2,250 + $50 S&H. I figured that would happen. Should have put a one / per limit

SOOO close to pulling the trigger on one of these but to be honest I guess I'm a bit scared of selling my Mark II because for me it's freaking perfect.

However the extra memory sounds great.

Question - I know I can load up my old presets from the II to the XL with no problem but my question is about the cabs. I realize there is an offset (Fremen put out a doc that details it) so I can load my old cabs into slots the presets will recognize. However will the cabs I have in my II be ok with the XL ?

Reason I ask is that when I buy FAS Cab Packs or OH IR's there are seperate directories for the MKII, XL and XL+ - what are the differences ?

Whoops...thought I'd responded to this. Cabs are interchangeable between the different flavors of the Axe II.

Hey folks.. I'm looking to take the plunge here and finally buy one of these! I've been waiting for a restock on the XL+ but after reading some of the comments here I'm wondering if I should go with the XL unit instead...
Having never owned one of these... do you think it would make a difference to me as a new user?

Hey folks.. I'm looking to take the plunge here and finally buy one of these! I've been waiting for a restock on the XL+ but after reading some of the comments here I'm wondering if I should go with the XL unit instead...
Having never owned one of these... do you think it would make a difference to me as a new user?
I have the XL and it's great. I don't think there is much of a difference. The + has a brighter screen, but if you are going to use Axe Edit, that doesn't matter much. I don't think there are any more XLs left from Fractal, so you'll have to go the Reverb or GreedEbay.

Thanks for the quick reply... I was really wondering what the advantages (if any) would be to being able to run the older firmware versions since it appears that nothing prior to 18 can be run on the new XL+ units..
But, since it does appear that the XL's are gone, it may be a moot point anyway..

Does anyone here have any indication as to when Fractal expects to have either of these back in stock?

I was really wondering what the advantages (if any) would be to being able to run the older firmware versions since it appears that nothing prior to 18 can be run on the new XL+ units...
There's no advantage to running old firmware. Some people stick to an older version for a while if, for instance, they're in the middle of a tour and don't want to make any changes. Some just don't update very often. But if you're starting fresh, start with the latest firmware.

Back
Top Bottom