Artifact noises when switching certain blocks

williato

I am experiencing the following three types of noise with the FX8:
  1. Glitch type noises when switching most scenes. It is worse when more effects are changed per scene and is also worse with gain increases.
  2. Pitch harmony noise when activating the Detune or Chorus blocks. The detune sounds like a quick 250ms arpeggio and the chorus sounds like a 500ms whammy effect, like the FX8 is slowly bringing in the chorusing to the dry effect.
  3. An explosion like sound when I switch from a normal medium Hall reverb to a big ambient reverb such as Deep Space or Cathedral. Not surprisingly, there's bigger noise the more the mix & feedback are increased. I do the same ambient effect with an H9 + Strymon blueSky combo with no detectable noise at all.
The reverb explosion is not that shocking given that I am adding a ton of reverb to the sound and I have Mute FX in set for all the reverbs to spillover. The glitchy white noise isn't that loud but noticeable. The most troublesome is the pitch effects, they are super loud and glaring and make some scene switches unusable.

Any help with settings to reduce this will be most appreciated.

Sorry for the holiday delay.

The first preset has the exploding reverb in Scene 8.

The second preset has the harmony-likes switch to the chorus in Scene 7.

I run all effects in series and Pre as I don't use an effects loop. Thanks in advance of any diagnosis.

Attachments

• Big Reverb Preset.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Chorus Preset.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom